• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show off Warbird photos...you know you have one!

thurmma

150cc
None of these birds are mine, I just took the pictures :)

788A3300.jpg 788A3300.jpg 788A3133.jpg MIII7596.jpg img_3301.jpg img_3293.jpg MIII8365.jpg MIII8313.jpg MIII4861 (1).jpg MIII4842 (1).jpg MIII4840.jpg MIII4817.jpg 788A3112.jpg 788A3101.jpg 788A2997.jpg

Thanks McNabb,
This big Corsair is quite possibly the a/c that I love to fly the most over the past 60 years of r/c flying ! It weighs 42 lbs and lands exactly like the full size. Just a great all round flier ! WP

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Thanks McNabb,
This big Corsair is quite possibly the a/c that I love to fly the most over the past 60 years of r/c flying ! It weighs 42 lbs and lands exactly like the full size. Just a great all round flier ! WP

Which kit/designer is that???

A Super Great friend of mine here in NC , Rick Cawley ,built this bird . It started out as a Maritoki kit,110" span ( or close ) and that was about as far as it went. He redesigned it as a later F4U-5 which was one of the last Corsairs built, engineered /designed a scale full fowler flap system ,new properly profiled glass cowl/canopy,etc.. It has a set of Robart Heavy Duty air gear with 50+ lb capacity that function flawlessly. The BME 110 is a powerhouse,smooth as silk ! It comes off the ground and climbs like a homesick angel at 50% throttle . As you can tell,I just love it ! It's "MY KEEPER ". WP

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 46703 Here's my Big Corsair that is an absolute joy to fly .BME 110 power plant
Very nice!

I built a Byron Corsair for a guy in 94. I never even got to see it fly.
The P51 was also a Byron. It belonged to a friend. He built it and I did the painting. The P80 and T33 were both BVM airplanes. I didn't build either of them, but I did do a lot of repair work on them for a customer. The P80 got a new set of wings after an encounter with a runway light.
CorsairSmall.jpg
P-51 Small.jpg
P-80.jpg
T-33.jpg