• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show Me the Biplanes!!!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
120cc pitts charllenger

More than just likely, this is my next Pilot airframe!
double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Its an awesome thing for people like myself to have fellow members of our clubs who can build planes like this. . . . .

Jungmeister.jpg

Trust me when I tell you, this picture does absolutely no justice to the model what so ever. My buddy started with an older kit he bought that included the cowl. As it turned out, the only wood he was able to use from the kit were the wing ribs. . . . . . :eek:. He had to recut all of the rest because it didn't agree with the scale outlines of the original. The model is based on a full size plane that is sitting in a Museum not far from me. To give you an idea of size, the plane is sitting on a six foot long folding table.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Its an awesome thing for people like myself to have fellow members of our clubs who can build planes like this. . . . .

View attachment 105745
Trust me when I tell you, this picture does absolutely no justice to the model what so ever. My buddy started with an older kit he bought that included the cowl. As it turned out, the only wood he was able to use from the kit were the wing ribs. . . . . . :eek:. He had to recut all of the rest because it didn't agree with the scale outlines of the original. The model is based on a full size plane that is sitting in a Museum not far from me. To give you an idea of size, the plane is sitting on a six foot long folding table.
Very cool!

Every time I see a picture of a nice scale airplane I think I need to build one............ then laziness sets in.:LOL_gif:

I really do need to get off my dead a$$ and build something this winter.

WMcNabb

150cc

View attachment 105745

Gorgeous!! Need more photos....Please??!!!

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1

View attachment 105745

Oh my!!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Very cool!

Every time I see a picture of a nice scale airplane I think I need to build one............ then laziness sets in.:LOL_gif:

Have to agree with you I am in the same place still have nothing planned or to build this coming winter. And still looking but do not know what I want, I guess I am a little lost.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Have to agree with you I am in the same place still have nothing planned or to build this coming winter. And still looking but do not know what I want, I guess I am a little lost.
Same here, I change my mind on what to build weekly it seems. Biplane, warbird, 50cc pattern plane, something custom? I drive myself insane.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Very cool!

I know what you mean Doug. As soon as my Buddy fired up the Saito 450 in it, I got the immediate urge to get my Thunderbolt built. . . . . :laughing:.

Gorgeous!! Need more photos....Please??!!!
I will try to get some more photos Wade. I didn't have my good camera with me yesterday so I had to take the picture with my phone. My Buddy flew it not long after I took the picture, but I was too busy watching it fly to take any more pics. . . . . :(,