Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

scale exhaust diameter

Discussion in 'Beginners' Lounge' started by Loredo, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Loredo

Loredo New to GSN!

Hi need help in finding the right diameter exhaust stack for a ziroli 98" wingspan p51d, don't want to fabricate mufflers that not close to scale

2. Loredo

Loredo New to GSN!

well I made a trial exhaust, still needs painting just need honest opinion whether they need to be smaller in diameter IMG_0936.JPG IMG_0939.JPG

js-rc likes this.
  3. js-rc

js-rc 70cc twin V2

Wow, they sure look good to me !! Nice job on fabricating them !!

4. Looks really good!!

When I was researching P-51 for a display model I was building I remember reading a paper about the RR Merlin, and if memory serves the Stacks were 4 or 4.5 inches in diameter. Don't hold me to that though, I can't find the paper I read to check.

I would be quite happy with what you have, it looks right on!