• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

SaitoFA220 C/H Ign Gas /glow conversion

:grrreat:I purchased this motor NIB 2013 Had the new C/H Ign install a complete CDI custom Ign system and also convert the motor to run on gas or glow. A Zama carb was custom installed using stock manifold but can be converted back to glow by simply removing the gas carb and install original carb. Motor only has 30 flights on it mounted on a Hempel 1/4 clipped cub . I ran a Xoar 19/7 prop and it turned 7,800 to 7,900 rpms. On glow it will turn a carbon prop over 9,000 . With the CDI their is no vibration that stock 220 big singles have and can be easily hand started. Also with the CDI ign it uses 25 to 27% less glow fuel. It comes with 1/4/32 plugs and Alum mount , R/C Specialities muffler as well NIB stock muffler. I will throw in 3 extra plugs which run around 12 bucks each. Motor has no crashes or prop strikes or damaged in any way. I am try to get funds for another large gas project. The new owner of C/H Ign is a great guy to do business with and backs his work up 100%. Timing is set at 28 degrees and is auto advance. I have over $700 invested in motor with accessories and at the asking price it is a good deal. Asking $400.00 firm plus shipping. Motor is still available for $350.00 free shipping

Attachments

• DSCN1342.JPG
    DSCN1342.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 227
  • DSCN1336.JPG
    DSCN1336.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCN1345.JPG
    DSCN1345.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

you state that it uses 25% less glow fuel. Isn't this a gas conversion and therefore it would be using gas not glow fuel?

The statement I made about using less glow fuel if you run the stock glow carb . The conversion yes was with using the Zama carb but the motor can easlily be converted back to glow with using the stock glow carb . The gas carb and the stock glow carb use the same manifold thus I guess it might be a little confusing when reading my ad. I ran it using the gas carb set up. Hope this helps. You get a lot more power when running glow on the glow set up and you lose around 15% power using gas . Thanks for the reply if you have any other questions please feel free to ask. As you can see in the ad photos it shows the gas carb and the glow carb is the one that is currentily mounted ready to run . The cdi timing doesn't affect the way the motor runs weather running on glow fuel or gas . Hopefully this helps you understand . I think it is a neat deal because you have the choice of running gas or glow . I only used a 8 oz fuel tank when running gas whereas when I used the glow carb I had to run a 20 oz tank .

Last edited by a moderator: