• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rolling harrier spin

Alright guys, I saw Bonedoc's video on this, but I can't seem to figure this maneuver out. Has anyone been able to do this with with any succession or have any tips? I'm flying a 107" pilot extra. Probably about 45° or so of each throw. My guess is I just need to practice it more and just get the inputs down.

3D-Joy

50cc
My experience on that particular maneuver is somewhat limited in that I cannot do it 100% consistently but I got it down quite a few times so I'll do my best at sharing what works for me.

You obviously do the same inputs are a rolling harrier.

On my plane I saw that I needed to use 100% throw unlike a standard rolling harrier where I would not necessarily use all I can get.

I also noticed that the roll rate is typically faster in the rolling harrier spin than in the rolling harrier so you really have to work out the sequence that much faster to get results. This is where I still need to burn some gas to really get this one down.

I hope this makes sense.