• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rolla MO Big Bird Fly-in. Sept 20-22, 2019

pawnshopmike

Staff member
The Rolla Big Bird Fall Fly-in is scheduled for September 20-22, 2019.

• Centrally located in Rolla MO.
  • Rolla National Airport
  • Rolla, MO USA
For directions, weather and more click here.

Great fall flying with good friends and fun.

Great raffle prizes from AJ aircraft, Desert Aircraft, Flex Innovations, JRPROPO, Holy Smokes, AeroGraphix, Aero Cumulus.

We will have food and drink available all day. Also this year Aero Cumulus Smoke Fluid is providing smoke oil to all pilots with smoke systems for the entire fly-in for free to smoke the sky or the flight line!

The Flying field is on the grounds of the Rolla National Airport. If you care to fly your full scale in, arrangements can be made to come and pick you up and take you over to the field. Camping with tents, fifth wheels, etc. is allowed however there are no hookups or electrical on site. Generators are welcome and encouraged for your ultimate comfort level. The only thing that we ask from you is to have a blast and fly a bunch!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Lots of great raffle prizes this year from our event sponsor.

Big Thank you goes out to AJ Aircraft for donating one of our main raffle prizes. 105" Lazer 230Z. Guys this is a $1200 value and is a great flying airplane!!! Color scheme is the Reflex. Be sure to be at the flyin and buy your raffle tickets for this one!!!
http://www.aj-aircraft.com/105-Laser-230z_p_118.html

Special thanks goes out to Rocky McCarter and the Flex Innovations Team for sending over the Aura 8 Advanced Flight Control System!
The Aura 8 is an advanced flight control system for fixed wing aircraft. It is very lightweight and compatible with all major brands or radio gear.
Designed to enhance the pilots experience, while not interfering with the pilots control!
Check more details out here:
www.flexinnovations.com/product-p/fpzaura08.htm

Huge Thank you goes out to Dave and the Desert Aircraft crew for donating a DA-120 twin to our Rolla Big Bird. Visit Desert Aircraft here for your next engine or accessory purchase!
www.desertaircraft.com

Huge thank you goes out to Frank Noll with JR PROPO and Dee Force Aviation for sending the Rolla Modelers a T14X4 transmitter for our raffle. This is a great radio from the new JR and works great. Check all JR products on their website here:
https://www.deeforce.net/

Big thank you goes out to Kurt Seiter of Holy Smokes for donating one of his smoke pumps to the raffle. Guys this is the premier smoke pump on the market. Click here for more info on the pump and Kurt’s other products. www.holysmokesrc.com

Guys, Big thanks to Aero Cumulus Smoke Fluid!!! All pilots attending the Rolla Big Bird who have smoke systems will have all the smoke oil for the flyin provided to them FREE of charge. Aero Cumulus will have a 5 gallon pail of product there to use out of and continue to fill it for the pilots till the flyin is done. So if you have a bird with a smoke system bring em fellas! If you don't have a smoke system but have been thinking about installing one, now is the perfect time to try one out and give the Aero Cumulus brand smoke fluid a try! It's gonna be FREE so why not! Check out the entire line here: http://aerographix.biz/Remote-Contro...ries/Smoke-Oil

And a HUGE thanks to Bryan Zang of http://aerographix.biz/ for putting all of this together. We wouldn’t have all of these great prizes without Zang’s hard work. This is going to be one epic event!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm with @Snoopy1 on this. Wish I could be there, sounds like a super fun time!!
:cryin: If I packed up my truck and drove it would take a ferry, and 3.1k miles. Google tells me its a 70 hour drive. Even with all those AWESOME raffles, it would be more cost effective to buy them LOL. Even flying there would be 6-20 hours depending on the flight.

Pictures or it didn't happen @pawnshopmike !

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Love to join you but almost 1000 miles is a little to far, have a great time.
I'm with @Snoopy1 on this. Wish I could be there, sounds like a super fun time!!
:cryin: If I packed up my truck and drove it would take a ferry, and 3.1k miles. Google tells me its a 70 hour drive. Even with all those AWESOME raffles, it would be more cost effective to buy them LOL. Even flying there would be 6-20 hours depending on the flight.

Pictures or it didn't happen @pawnshopmike !

No problem brothers. I fully understand. And I’ll try to get some good pics.