• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Regulator info needed

RJ 706

70cc twin V2
Recently acquired a plane with two of the old style, chewing gum shape Fromeco regulators, which are working just fine.
Can anyone share their knowledge on these units? Is there a compelling reason to replace these with the new Sahara.
Running two Thunder Power RX batteries for power.
Appreciate anyone's insight.

camss69

70cc twin V2
If they are working and the wire looks to be in good condition I'd use them. They are adjustable, I'm sure you can still get the manual online and if not I'm sure they would send it to you. I had several back in the day. What else do you need to know?

Last edited:
Biggest thing would just make sure you have the appropriate size gauge wire for the application. I have seen some guys order the regs with just one 22 gauge wire in and out for use on ignition but have used that for the whole plane. Otherwise go out and fly it.

Dan767

70cc twin V2
They are adjusted by shorting the pins on the side of the regulator. Short the pins together with a small screw driver, and each time you remove the screwdriver it will increase approximately .2 volt. Once you get to the max output voltage it will reset to the lowest voltage. Max out is just over 6 volts and minimum is around 5