Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RedwingRC Miracle Smoke Pump and Fortitude Tank and Plumbing!

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by 3dmike, May 5, 2015.

1. Bbcorvette18

Bbcorvette18 70cc twin V2

I'll get smoke on something eventually

2. extra260

extra260 30cc

so CA
    This might be a dumb thing to ask but is the ESC for smoke fluid control right? I have a DX8 can't I just turn that channel down?? I have always wanted to do smoke and I have a big yak 55 that would love to have smoke on her. This seems like a easy setup and great price? I always run the smoke on the simulator when practicing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
  3. 3dmike

3dmike 640cc Uber Pimp

Yep you are correct! The ESC is you speed control that works the same way with the smoke pump/motor. I'm not sure about the DX8 but I had no problem dialing down the servo to 20% through linkage settings or throw. The cool thing you can do as well which I did was setup a program mix with your throttle to turn on at say 20 or 25% and gradually increase smoke up to full throttle.

It is a great price and to be honest i was surprised I could install a smoke system for around $100. It's definitely a cheap thrill! LOL

4. extra260

extra260 30cc

so CA
    Thanks I will be down for a couple of weeks and I think I might just jump on this setup. Will give me something to do plus I will have smoke after I am done. Coming out of the plane I mean:) :) thanks

5. 3dmike

3dmike 640cc Uber Pimp

Awesome! Hopefully being down doesn't mean some lengthy recovery time for something!

6. I'm trying to set up this pump on my Pilot RC Sbach (50cc). I set up my TX (Futaba T10J) with a mix (Throttle + CH8). If I plug a servo into CH8, it performs fine... but once I plus in the ESC into CH8, nothing happens.... Also, I get only one "beep" from the ESC when I power it on...

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Ron

7. 3dmike

3dmike 640cc Uber Pimp

Hmmm can you snap a pic of the mix setup?

8. 3dmike

3dmike 640cc Uber Pimp

Oh!!!! You probably have to reverse that servo too! That's probably why your getting only one beep. Just a guess

9. Servo reverse was indeed a problem ! Also the fact that I was using an S-BUS decoder to give me the additional channel(s) I need for the smoke ESC !
    I managed to get it working with it set up on CH-9 with no mixing ....
    But the mix still isn't working... hadn't much time last night to play with it but will try again over the weekend (raining so no flying!)

10. c-f

c-f 30cc

Just an fwiw, I fly turbines and when the Spektrum DX7 2.4G first came out and it was the latest must have tech gadget 12 and 14 channel jets were converted to run on a DX7, the creativity to pull this off had me scratching my head but I always remember a quick archived search on RC jets @ rcpoo you will find how to pull off extra channnels when needed.