• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Recent relocate in eastern Tennessee

BalsaDust

Hey @Doc, your big N28 looks AMAZING . . . . . . :yesss: I want to build a WW1 bird one day too. I have always liked the Albatross and BUSA's big one is amazing. The only problem is that it is WAY above my building skill level. . . . . :frown:. I also like the Fokker D7, but I'm afraid I would have the same problem with it. It looks like I need to do some building doesn't it. . . . . :laughing:

Buy me the 1/4 scale camel BUSA sells and I will build a D7 for ya.

Doc

50cc
BD I cant say how wide it is without getting it out of the trailer and measuring, I can do that for you but it will have to warm up a bit, it's only 35 today and I'm a card carrying weather wimp. lol
HRRC Flyer Thanks for the compliment on the big un, The Albatros is for sure a build what with the sheeting on the round fuse. The 1/4 scale D VII isn't so bad though and the instructions provided by BUSA are awesome and there are a lot of builds around in various places to get tips and ideas. If you're thinking smaller there is a 1/6 scale Pup also at BUSA that's a great flying model and takes less to transport, store and requires less engine.
Doc

BalsaDust

No need to measure. A buddy of mine has one that I can look at at some point. I'm gonna print the plans up stock and see how things all look. I have a couple different engine choices in my shop that I can consider. Was just looking at horizons website and they sell a Saito 14cc gasser but saito is proud of their stuff.

Doc

50cc
Saito, yes they are proud, I have an FG30 (180) gasser, new in the box that will power a 1/4 Hanriot Dupont HD I It's a Glen Torrance kit and is 85- 90% framed, Needs Litho sheeting around the fwd part of the fuse and I can start covering.
My G23 has no muffler, just a header and pipe and is somewhat obnoxious but being only 23cc not too bad.