• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale RCM 1/3 Scale Champ Build

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
How is the stabilizer held in place all glued in or on a tube if on tube make an eccentric bushing that you can adjust.

TonyHallo

150cc
There are three tubes that the stabilizer and elevator slide onto. The front tube is glued/bolted to wood platform, the stabilizer rear tube is supported by "v" shaped aluminum sheets that are screwed to the rudder post, and the elevator tube floats and is attached to the elevator halves. My plan is to build the stabilizer and see where I go from there, follow to plans or redesign?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Depending on the location of the aluminum Plate with a v shape . If it is mounted strategically you can shim it up or down depending on how it fly’s and when you find the spot glue it in solid. It will rotate around the front pin.

TonyHallo

150cc
Got to use the drum sander again on this build, put the radius in the door window opening and the aluminum for the door skin. The aluminum provides a 1/8" flange for the window. Don't use it often but it is great for radius work. Was a little worried about the .012 thick aluminum sheet but it worked fine.
IMG_2461.JPG
IMG_2465.JPG

TonyHallo

150cc
You are really into scale, this is going to be one incredibly nice plane.

I sure hope it turns out nice!!!!
About ready to start building the tail parts, I have 25 family and friends visiting tomorrow for an Easter Saturday diner, Ham, Lamb, Kolbasi and Miller Lite, don't expect to do much tomorrow other than cook and take care of the honey do list.
Here's the door installed
IMG_2467.JPG