• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

News Purple Plug Puller works

thurmma

150cc
I don't usually pick up items like this because I figure the way I am doing it works.

Let me tell you that this is one product anyone who owns a gas engine needs! I have probably had mine about a month and was looking at it thinking ok, that will never get used, should have bought something else with the money. I was DEAD WRONG!!

I was working on my plane the other night with a 180 twin and was having some issues, which I found out today were of my own doing, and needed to pull the plugs to check for spark. I pulled the plugs and then as I was putting one in the cap the way I have always done it I thought, wait, you bought a tool just for this. I went and got the purple plug puller, threaded the plug into it and very easily inserted the plug in the cap. After testing for spark, which I figure I had but needed to check anyway to make sure, I screwed the tool onto the plug and with a little twist, wala, the plug was out of the cap. No pinched finger or messed up threads on the plug. That made me a believer right then and there.

You may not use it very often but, when you do need to use it, you will be very glad you bought it!

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Ha , I have to get one especially for everybody else in the clubs I belong to !! Seems I'm helping the other guys & see them use pliers to remove the plug , plus once in a while I have trouble, I plan to get one for this yrs. flying season !! At home, I've went & got a DLE-20 cylinder that I don't use I have for that job, that works ok, but I need something for the field !!

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Oh-and js-rc...I found those servo screws you want and have them coming. Email me.
Thanks Rich !! Will do !!

Oh, can you get the Bonded washers too ? I would like the ones that look like chrome or stainless steel, ha !! I have a couple of those but would like more !!
Thanks, John !!

Last edited:

sailr

50cc
I don't usually pick up items like this because I figure the way I am doing it works.

Let me tell you that this is one product anyone who owns a gas engine needs! I have probably had mine about a month and was looking at it thinking ok, that will never get used, should have bought something else with the money. I was DEAD WRONG!!

I was working on my plane the other night with a 180 twin and was having some issues, which I found out today were of my own doing, and needed to pull the plugs to check for spark. I pulled the plugs and then as I was putting one in the cap the way I have always done it I thought, wait, you bought a tool just for this. I went and got the purple plug puller, threaded the plug into it and very easily inserted the plug in the cap. After testing for spark, which I figure I had but needed to check anyway to make sure, I screwed the tool onto the plug and with a little twist, wala, the plug was out of the cap. No pinched finger or messed up threads on the plug. That made me a believer right then and there.

You may not use it very often but, when you do need to use it, you will be very glad you bought it!

IMPRESSIVE! I just ordered one!!