• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool Predator drone crash....fail

check out the new homemade predator...we maidened it today it did not go so well...we think that the wing fractured see what you think...we are already fixing it
[video=youtube_share;Ib0aOaq8FLQ]http://youtu.be/Ib0aOaq8FLQ[/video]

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Seemed like an unlikely time for the wing to break if you ask me. You had been pulling it round in tight turns without any trouble, that's when I'd have expected a wing to break if it was going to. It all seemed to start to go wrong when flying slow straight and level at high altitude. Some other component or radio problem maybe, or did it stall?.. Hard to say.

njswede

150cc
And I wouldn't call it a complete "fail" BTW. It looked plenty cool while it lasted. Fix and post new video! :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
The real predator has a tip stall override, that prevents high bank angles at slow speeds.

tip stall

The real predator has a tip stall override, that prevents high bank angles at slow speeds.

I would agree with you guys but after getting it home posting that video and now sitting and looking at it i am even more confused...there seemed to be a crack in wing near the middle were I did not put reinforcement and the way it fell and spiraled (the video doesn't do it justice) makes me think that it was the wing its made out of bluecore and it could have fractured...this was a difficult build and I dont want it to happen again lol then again who wants there airplane to just plummet towards the ground with out any control....I am NJswede thanks for the compliment I agree it does look pretty sweet in the air I definitely had some cars slow down and look at it...I am already starting the rebuild and it will be flown hopefully next weekend..NJswede did you ever get to building that sbach i put on i had some questions about wing rock that I was hoping you would be able to help with

njswede

150cc
Not yet! I still have a bit of a queue of planes to be built. But I'll give it a shot when I have a chance!

I would agree with you guys but after getting it home posting that video and now sitting and looking at it i am even more confused...there seemed to be a crack in wing near the middle were I did not put reinforcement and the way it fell and spiraled (the video doesn't do it justice) makes me think that it was the wing its made out of bluecore and it could have fractured...this was a difficult build and I dont want it to happen again lol then again who wants there airplane to just plummet towards the ground with out any control....I am NJswede thanks for the compliment I agree it does look pretty sweet in the air I definitely had some cars slow down and look at it...I am already starting the rebuild and it will be flown hopefully next weekend..NJswede did you ever get to building that sbach i put on i had some questions about wing rock that I was hoping you would be able to help with

And I wouldn't call it a complete "fail" BTW. It looked plenty cool while it lasted. Fix and post new video! :)

Thanks again guys

gyro

GSN Contributor
Either way, it's a nice looking replica! I've seen the real one pretty "up and close" and you did a good job :)

thanks I would love to see one close up!! Im jealous it seems to be such a awkward bird you know? I did a considerable amount of time looking at them this week...after its fixed the next plane on my list i think will be a edge....hopefully
Either way, it's a nice looking replica! I've seen the real one pretty "up and close" and you did a good job :)