• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Precision Flight Tutorials Episode 3!

Hey guys!,

Were here with the 3rd installment of the series covering Snap Rolls.

I don't have a lot to state on this subject, but I went ahead and covered the basics of snaps and how to perform them. In later episodes I will get more in depth with them while doing actual aerobatics that use them.

Hope this has been helpful!

Thanks
Brian

[video=youtube;2cDO51ue3r8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDO51ue3r8&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

wow! your on the ball. i know your a busy feller, wasnt expecting another tutorial this soon . thanks Brian! keep'em coming.

also would like to thank you for all the help you have gave me, via pm's so far. my rolls are looking pretty decent on the sim, if i could just catch a break in the weather to try out on the Osiris

wow! your on the ball. i know your a busy feller, wasnt expecting another tutorial this soon . thanks Brian! keep'em coming.

also would like to thank you for all the help you have gave me, via pm's so far. my rolls are looking pretty decent on the sim, if i could just catch a break in the weather to try out on the Osiris

Thanks for the feedback man! My plan is to release a video every other week finally leading up to 15 videos total.

I'm more than happy to help. Please always feel free to ask questions and i'll do my best to answer.

Thanks
Brian

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Looking good Brian. Another good step in the right direction. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

woohoo!!! finally!!! precision tutorials!!! :) :) :pompom::pompom:i have been waiting for snap tutorial forever!

what i would be interested in is how to setup plane for precision rates in flight... not just 10* that, 12* that...

a while ago i read that rudder you adjust so at full thottle in KE plane is slowly descending with full rudder, elevator, so that at full throttle with full elevator plane is doing nice round entry to upline and aelerons, so that you 1 (or was it 1.5 rolls per second)... does that sound about right?

Last edited by a moderator:

maxx4wd

50cc
Brian,

Thanks for the great tutorials - I'm a relatively new pilot and this is very helpful in cleaning up my lines (most is intuitive and requires practice) but it is nice to get the step-wise progression on each of the moves as well as seeing the stick movements. I've watched your first 3 episodes and can't wait to see more in the futures. Very helpful, and thanks.

Tony