• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Plans built P-51

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
Here's the right side.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
I just looked at this picture closely for the first time. Holy Crap! What a mess. I'm Embarrassed, big time. I've been really busy at work and with issues at the house. My time in the shop has been limited and so I've been stepping over stuff and leaving things where I used them and now the perfect storm. Next pic will be in my shop the way Im used to having it.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @Red Raider,

Your P51 looks AWESOME ! ! ! ! BTW, Don't worry about the messy shop. Cleaning it up will take away too much build time:big_yes:
I'll second that comment about RCSB. Some people don't like it because you have to pay a small yearly membership fee to post, but I've been a member of that site for years and the wealth of scale building on that site is undeniable. Also, it is the only site I spend more time on that this one.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
I'm a member of RCSB. And read there often. However, I found the guys here on GSN to be very friendly and I feel like I belong here. You know, kinda like being at home.

BalsaDust

I'm a member of RCSB. And read there often. However, I found the guys here on GSN to be very friendly and I feel like I belong here. You know, kinda like being at home.

That's what we shoot for over here. To be a nice friendly bunch that are helpful not hurtful.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
I've been really busy lately and haven't had a chance to work on the Mustang. I've spent 5 minutes here and there but nothing to write home about . This weekend I did get some time to make some significant progress. What I want to show you is finishing technique that I'm using. Now, before you think I came up with this, I read about it on RCSCALEBUILDER. There's 3 things you need. To find out what they are keep reading.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
The idea is to spread the spackling out as thin as you can with the spreader. I've used water to soften it in the can before, but the new thing here is to use it on the model. As your spreading it, it starts to dry and starts making crumbs.

Last edited: