• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 40% 330 Recover and Build

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
You must be kidding you have bought a 85 XI cs. Well good for you that is exciting. Did find one or did get your self a brand new one. Picture is worth a lot.
Thanks. And no, not kidding. Turns out it is from a friend of a friend. Crazy small world huh? Who knew? I would have bought new, but I got a pretty good deal and saved over 700.00 all things considered.
http://www.giantscalenews.com/threads/3w85cs.10680/
I am so excited I can't stand it. LOL

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

First off, congrats on the AWESOME job you did on your latest masterpiece. I was thinking (I know that's dangerous. . . . . :laughing:) and I came to the conclusion that I think you should name this plane "Baby II". What do you think, Buddy? Obviously it's not a 260, but with the heart and soul of "Baby I", I think it would be quite appropriate. . . . . .:big_yes:. I sincerely hope you have even more enjoyment flying this plane as you did your beloved 260. . . . . . . :yesss:. I am not so patiently awaiting the maiden report.

Take care Buddy

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

First off, congrats on the AWESOME job you did on your latest masterpiece. I was thinking (I know that's dangerous. . . . . :laughing:) and I came to the conclusion that I think you should name this plane "Baby II". What do you think, Buddy? Obviously it's not a 260, but with the heart and soul of "Baby I", I think it would be quite appropriate. . . . . .:big_yes:. I sincerely hope you have even more enjoyment flying this plane as you did your beloved 260. . . . . . . :yesss:. I am not so patiently awaiting the maiden report.

Take care Buddy
Thank you so much. What a great idea. I guess we'll have to wait and see what her personality is like. That SD 260 is a pretty tough act to follow. Three days away. Unless I have to put it off till Sunday due to my work. Either way, weather permitting she will spread those wings this weekend.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
With the last of the assembly details addressed, the bafflingly completed and the Falcon 32x10 bolted on and torqued down... the Pilot RC 40% Extra 330sc is ready for her maiden voyage. Unfortunately it will have to wait until Sunday morning. Last minute request (demand) lol... that I work tomorrow. Guess the newbies need a sitter.
:laughing:

Oh well, Sunday will get here soon enough.

Next update will be from the flying field. Couple more days fellas.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
With the last of the assembly details addressed, the bafflingly completed and the Falcon 32x10 bolted on and torqued down... the Pilot RC 40% Extra 330sc is ready for her maiden voyage. Unfortunately it will have to wait until Sunday morning. Last minute request (demand) lol... that I work tomorrow. Guess the newbies need a sitter.
Oh well, Sunday will get here soon enough.

Next update will be from the flying field. Couple more days fellas.

You've got an excuse for everything. lol. Looking forward to the maiden report...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well you ready for the maiden?
Probably too busy petting your new 85cs. LOL
I am more than ready. I just can't wait until tomorrow. I sure wish that 85 had shown up today. United States Postal Service in their Infinite Wisdom delivered the prop however not the new badass redhead Beast for the SD yak! Yeah, you know I called them and reamed them royally. I asked them how it is that two items shipped from the same person at the same time at the same location coming to the same destination does not arrive on time together? Their response? Let me put it this way, you've seen the deer in the headlight look right?

impatient-smiley-emoticon.gif

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You guys really cannot complain. In Canada shipping is the worst if it takes you guys 2 days to get it it will take us 2 weeks and then the government hits us for 13% tax and a handling charges. And on to of that the shipping cost is at times 5 times the cost.