• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 40% 330 Recover and Build

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for trying to help really appreciate that because I am stumped. Will send you some pictures later on . The gear is in perfect shape. The only thing that is failing is the 3/8 bolt it is sheared off clean, on damage to gear at all and nothing on the wheels just the bolt sheared.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thanks for trying to help really appreciate that because I am stumped. Will send you some pictures later on . The gear is in perfect shape. The only thing that is failing is the 3/8 bolt it is sheared off clean, on damage to gear at all and nothing on the wheels just the bolt sheared.
Guess I misunderstood you. Just the bolt? Weird!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
We now have a primed cowl gents. Got my Baby Yak put away and went to prepping the 330 cowl for the final steps. I re-wet-sanded the entire cowl, (top and bottom) with 600. After a thorough warm water rinse and scrubbing inside the cowl, I dried it off. Inside and out. Then the soaking wet alcohol rinse and set aside to dry. Once I was confident no moister remained. I went to spraying.
20180708_125947.jpg 20180708_125943.jpg 20180708_125937.jpg 20180708_125930.jpg
And walla! She look purdy. I am going to let the primer cure over night. After work tomorrow I will mark off the different areas for the proper corresponding paint for the fuse. I will be ordering a can of white from WWRC. I originally did not trust it due to the problems I had with the Jtec Pitts. But I am thinking it was a bad can. Plus, I don't want to do extra masking and priming and painting and... you get the idea. Anyway, we will probably shoot green tomorrow.

Hang in there fellas. We're in the home stretch now!

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Very nice! Most "professional" . Looking forward to the end result.

Thanks my friend. I can't say professional as you can probably see my "oops" on the bottom cowl half. Don't know how I could make such a novice mistake. But missed the alignment for the choke pull rod. Ugh!!!
angry emoticon.png
But I guess the rest of it looks good so...