• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Almost sounds as if you're still on the verge of flying on the wing. I fly with around 38 degrees on the ailerons (don't know what that translates to in mm on the edge but it gives me a roll rate that I like) and have found the edge to be very stable and easy to steer.

Almost sounds as if you're still on the verge of flying on the wing. I fly with around 38 degrees on the ailerons (don't know what that translates to in mm on the edge but it gives me a roll rate that I like) and have found the edge to be very stable and easy to steer.
I have some planes that either want to be deep into a harrier or quite shallow into a harrier but anything in-between and they want to wing rock.

Just a thought...

BJ Swope

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
For what it's worth, I found that my edge being a little nose heavy, likes to drop the left wing due to torque from the motor. When I gave right rudder in high alpha/harriers, there was almost no wing rock. I figure going more aft on cg will fix that.

thurmma

150cc
Not sure what else to add other than those servos are pretty weak for that particular plane but that's not your issue in harriers.

This may be a long shot, but if the servo arms are longer and they are connected at the outer limits of them, I wonder if blowback is an issue even in the harrier state? If the servos aren't strong enough to handle the force of the air from the prop this could lead to always being "behind the plane", correct? Thus not being stable. Correct me if I am wrong, just taking a guess :)

yakken

100cc
Nope no blowback. We are going to try a couple things and see how it works out.

Last edited:

Rusty 73

100cc
Good news, my first PAU Extra 35% has been shipped :attaboy:, it has a long journey before I gets to the border in Montana, about 2600 miles. A Huge thanks to Herve for all the customer service as well as helping with the setup for shipping, thanks to Herve again for also covering the extra cost of the shipment :attaboy:.I greatly appreciate it and will be ordering more products from PAU, I'm becoming a loyal follower of PAU because of the customer service and quality.
Once again, thanks Herve, your a great embassator to our hobby. :twins:

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I know this has probably been discussed before, but I want to rig up a better tailwheel steering linkage on my 36%. Can someone post a picture of the rubber tubing setups some guys use? I assume you zip tie it on?