• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Edge

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
I really, really like mine.
Untitled-6.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
I want another 50cc to bang around, I love my Extra for that very reason. Plus they are small so someday when I get my Pitts built I'll still have room in the trailer.

It's between this and of course the Challenger ;)

Tseres

150cc
I had to get some 2-56 rod to make up the choke setup. Made a new bracket also. One more step complete. I was hoping to get this finished up last weekend but things didn't work out. Now I will chip away at it after work this week. I forgot how much little stuff I do to mount a new engine. I get finished with a step and I remember something else that I have to do.

I wish DA would start putting Jr plugs on their ignitions. That would save me a step.
DSC_0089.JPG
DSC_0090.JPG
DSC_0091.JPG
DSC_0092.JPG
DSC_0093.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Have the ignition ready to install. Soldered on the JR connectors and put spiral wrap on to protect the spark plug wires. I wrapped the spiral wrap with electrical tape. The tape helps keep the spiral wrap from spreading out.

I also bough the first piece of my IMAC hauler. Still need to get and fix up a trailer to haul the big plane and give me a place to sleep. It will also work for Joe Nall...
smile.gif
Yes I know its dirty. It will get a bath and a topper for the bed tomorrow.

DSC_0094.JPG
DSC_0095.JPG
DSC_0096.JPG
DSC_0097.JPG
DSC_0098.JPG
DSC_0099.JPG

sweetpea

100cc
I may be wrong, but are DA ignitions not made in China (or similar country?). That is a standard low end connector from that part of the world.

Also if they did JR plug...than what about the Futaba guys? You can't make everyone happy. (Though I'd prefer the JR plug as well and I would do what Tseres did)

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I may be wrong, but are DA ignitions not made in China (or similar country?). That is a standard low end connector from that part of the world.

Also if they did JR plug...than what about the Futaba guys? You can't make everyone happy. (Though I'd prefer the JR plug as well and I would do what Tseres did)
DA ignitions are made in Australia.
The new ignition for the DA-35 has JR/Futaba connector receptacles right on the enclosure, one for the hall sensor, one for the power.
It is also high voltage rated.
For security, I hot glued the connectors so they don't accidentally pull out...