• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Parkzone Su-29mm

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
I had a chance to fly the SU-29 last Friday. Hated it in the "precision mode AS3X", (that's what the owner called it), one of the worst planes I've flown in that mode. Then I switched to "3D AS3X", (again what the owner called it), and the plane instantly came alive, like a completely different plane. In that mode it was actually quite fun little plane. The problem was every time I'd speed up the plane would get gyro wag. In that mode you could only do "low and slow 3D". A strange little plane which I don't fully understand.

The Visioinaire was supposed to be a very good plane. Why is this plane so odd when it actually has the second generation AS3X in it?

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
One of the product videos instructs you to always trim I only in precision mode and to always land and take off in precision mode too. I see too many comments online where people aren't doing this and complaining about bad landing and take off experiences, especially in stagility mode where if the sticks are let go or .5 seconds the plane uprights.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Final hours:

How To vote:

1. Click the below link:
http://a.pgtb.me/G8lHgG/gm1ZX?w=26210248&e=62278941

2. Click the check box on the first picture. It's me with my oldest in
the yard flying my AS3Xtra.

3. Log into Facebook via the pop up in your web browser

4. Allow the voting app

I don't see who votes for me and you don't have to be my Facebook
friend I order to vote for me.

I've been in the contest for 2-3 weeks but am quickly losing ground in
3rd place to some very late entries. The 30th is the last day to vote.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Officially won one in the E-Flite/ParkZone "Why I Fly" contest. Looking forward to the aircraft. The CS is growing on me. I'm pretty much never going to use Stagility mode.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Turned in the last of the required paper work with HH earlier this week. Waiting for them to ship the plane. Flite Test did a review of the plane, and they too flew around not in precision mode and complained about oscillations in 3D mode when flying fast. But I was impressed with the rudder authority.