• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

OS GT-15cc Gas Engine, Wins Innovation of the Year from M.A.N.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Model Airplane News recently announced their Readers' Choice and Innovation of the Year awards.

OS Engines won for their new GT-15 gasoline engine.....

Model Airplane News editors rely on their own expertise
to choose a product worthy to be called Innovation of the
Year. Their pick for 2015: the O.S. GGT-15 gasoline engine
for .61-.90 aircraft. It met the criteria of making “significant
advancements in the R/C world” by starting easily with a
glow plug, instead of requiring a heavy electronic ignition
system and spark plug. “This little machine packs a lot of
horsepower into a small, lightweight package,” they said.

upload_2015-8-19_22-39-7.png

For more information about this award-winning product visit the O.S. web page at osengines.com.

And the award to the highest bidder is ........

Not saying it is a good or bad engine or anything in between but I put little faith in MAN reports these days. It was once a great magazine but since I let my subscription lapse, I haven't missed it. For the most part it just seems like nothing but one big paid advertisement.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
nevertheless it's pretty cool that OS designed a gas engine that uses a glow plug and, as a result, is very light and powerful. pretty trick if you ask me.

fwiw, it was in a press release from Hobbico and I thought it was cool enough to pass it along to you guys.

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The technology is quite old. Circa 1930's. Enya should get the credit for making the technology viable to RC. OS was able to capitalize with a glow plug that does not need a special compound in the oil to keep it hot. So their glow plug should be the product of innovation. Just my 2 cents. And I agree with @Truckracer about MAN.