• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Nice standoffs!

ryan_m

100cc
Wanted to give a big thumbs up to Craig's excellent standoffs. Ordered some late last week, had them monday, and now they are all installed on an Aerobeez 75" MXS from exilehobby.com. The motor is a large DualSky one that exilehobby sells, this is a demo plane built with gear that Landon sells there. (it's his plane, I just got to help build it :D and hopefully fly it too!)
Anyways, excellent work quality, and super fast service.
photo.jpg

I have to hand it to Craig, those things are well made. As a guy who worked in a fab/machine shop for years I can appreciate good quality work and those things look GOOD!

Very interested to hear how that plane does on electric it looks almost identical to the redwing MXS...i assume they are all from the same OEM manufacturer

And yes the standoffs are top notch for an excellent price...mine came in two days after i ordered them

20121028_210517.jpg

love the green color, no flights on it yet just got the engine started today. Fingers crossed for a maiden next week sometime.

Yeah i have seen this with the aerobeez, redwing, goldwing, peak, and a couple of other labels on it. Regardless its a very well built arf and i almost wanted to go electric on it but wanted to try gas. What is the power system you are running spec'ed out as?

8s 5000 (2 4s 5000 mad dog lipos)
Dualsky 6355 motor
hs 7955 all the way around.

I do see a slight difference on the lower cowl mount on yours. Other than that, same plane.
Keep an eye out over on my vendor forum and I will have some pics, thoughts...etc once it gets passed around the field.

8s 5000 (2 4s 5000 mad dog lipos)
Dualsky 6355 motor
hs 7955 all the way around.

I do see a slight difference on the lower cowl mount on yours. Other than that, same plane.
Keep an eye out over on my vendor forum and I will have some pics, thoughts...etc once it gets passed around the field.

and from the looks of your website the battery tray is solid, mine has a bunch of material removed

Cmala

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys. I'm glad they work for you. I'm not a machinist and I learn something new with each custom order so it's nice to hear that I'm doing a good job for you.

I've started making the longer standoffs with 1" diameter bases to give a little more support.

Since I make each set to order, every set is custom to your requirements for no extra charge.

This has helped me justify to my wife my purchase of the lathe. Now if I could only justify a laser cutter or a CNC milling machine :rolleyes: