• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

NGH GTT70, Anyone ever test one of these?

JoeT

50cc
Hobbyking (ya ya I know), had a flash sale and I just happened to spot it. They marked down the engine a decent amount, so I ended up getting this thing really inexpensive. (For those wondering, I got it for 117.00 shipped, yup I used some of my credits)

This engine is sold through many outlets, AMR-RC carries them, amongst others. From the photo's it looks like a durable style manufactured engine with Cast Aluminum cases, Cast Aluminum Cyliner, Separate Heads, with pressed in steel liner. The heads and cylinders are filled with fins, waaaaay overkill on fins, but that's not a bad thing.

It's arriving today via fedex.

Here's a picture of the engine.

292035143986.jpg

292035145419.jpg

Anyone try one of these?

Please feel free to comment.

Thanks

js-rc

70cc twin V2
My buddy is on his 2nd. one of those engines, let me explain, ha !! His 1st. one seized up & they sent him another one, & very fast I might add. Actually the 1st. one didn't have any baffling & hardly a big enough cut-out for air to escape ! The new engine is now baffled very well & more air can escape out the bottom plus he has an airdam too. This eng. is running at around 190 degrees F & pulls his Pilot Edge around really well !! I think it's about a 89 " wingspan, can't remember now, ha !! The rest of us are watching this eng too to see if it breaks down, so far it's working well but he has been too busy to fly it lately. We broke the eng. in like they said so I'll keep you posted on more flights when he can get back to it !!
Thanks, John & hope yours works out well too !!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Been keeping my on it too. Even at it's regular HK price seems to be a decent motor. What prop is it turning well??? Posted HP is 7.9@8K???

JoeT

50cc
So, my engine arrived from HK, the quality looks good. It's actually a 3 piece barrel, meaning, instead of the typical chainsaw style cylinders, this has a model feel to it. It's a cylinder with a replaceable liner, and a separate cylinder head.

I took off the Reed block to check out the internals, the rods arw HUGE, the big end of the connecting rod is larger than my eme 120. Very well made, very sturdy.

I'll be putting canisters on this engine, and the ports are non standard as well.

They measure 41mm center to center and has an opening of 10mm ish. So none of the 35cc headers will fit. I'll need to use the same header as my eme 120 and make an aluminum adapper plate that'll fit between the engine and the header so it'll seal properly.

The side effect will be a quieter larger volume exhaust and less restriction foe more power.

The other drawback for me is, I will not be able to install it in my yak 54 because the mounts and width would mean I'll need to butcher the cowling.

So, I'll pick up a new airframe for it. Aaaaawwww, ya I know. Hahaha

The prop hub is an interesting g ecercise of overkill. There is a center bolt with a pinch bolt, along with 4 x 5mm bolt to hols the prop on.

I can tell you now, that prop will not leave the engine. Hahaha

I'll be using an Acro 24x8 to test this thing out. I'm optimistic. This engine has been run, you can tell from the way the piston looks and the smell when you pull it out of the bag.

Coolness!!