• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

NEW Twisted Hobbys 39" Crack Yak WOW

dougb

50cc
TH 39" big Crack Yak durability testing :D

Doug B.

[video=youtube_share;qUYCAmN1sCY]http://youtu.be/qUYCAmN1sCY[/video]

dougb

50cc
Fun in the wind with the big Yak :)

Doug B.

[video=youtube_share;GMIIw-Cv96s]http://youtu.be/GMIIw-Cv96s[/video]

Bipenut53

150cc
Hello all,
Just ordered my 3rd TH airplane, the first two were so much fun I had to order this 39" Crack Yak! The first two were the Crack Turbo Beaver and then the 32" Crack Yak. We live here in Grand Coulee Wa. and own an RV Park here so I get some time to fly during the day and have been looking for a long time for a good EPP plane and now have found it. Nice thing is that I can fly those two here in my park (gotta watch out for the power lines :facepalm: lol) I am really looking forward to getting my 39" CY. Great build thread here but is there one to show the entire process? Love the detail by [MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION] what a time consuming thing to do but really helps me in my build. I have read through it twice and probably read through it a couple more times before the plane gets here lol. I have been flying RC for about 30 years now and everything from sport to my 35% Carden Cap 232 and have a great time doing it. Thanks for all the info here!

Last edited by a moderator:

dougb

50cc
Hey neighbor!

You'll like the 39" big Yak. :) I've run mine into the powerlines already. It's tough.

Doug B.
Richland, WA

IMG_4732.jpg
IMG_4731.jpg

Bipenut53

150cc
Ive seen some of your videos Doug, great flying, you must live outside Redmond, I dont remember it looking that way lol. My grandfather lived for many years in Redmond. We dont have a club here but there are about 8 of us who fly from a private strip about 10 miles out of town. I try to get to Wenatchee a couple times a year to spoil myself and spend all day there when I do. It is about 100 miles from me, so it is a day long trip for sure but well worth it!

dougb

50cc
ROFL :D
Thanks much. Yes, my videos are a clue to my actual location.

No worries. Ya, Wenatchee RAF is a sweet field.

Next time I'm in Moses Lake I should just keep wandering North and say "hi".

Doug B.