• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Twisted Hobbies Crack Fokker

Setup on box or setup on website

• box setup

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • website setup

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I couldn't resist the crack addiction, so I ordered up one of these. The wonderful mailman left it on my front porch today. Can't wait to get started on the build. The only issue I have a question on is the recommended power system and rc items. According to the website, this is what is recommended
24-26g 1400-1500kv Out Runner Brush-less Motor
10-20A ESC
(4) 7-9g Servos
2s 600mah Lipo Battery
According to the box, this is what is recommended
60-100 W motor
10-12A ESC
4 X 6g servos
3s 600-850mah lipo battery

The setup that is on the box is what I have in my crack yak and I think would work great on this one, but if it is actually the first setup, then my items might be a little weak for this plane. I will use the 9g servos out of my crack yak and then decide on the motor and speed controller setup. I did make a poll just to see what people think.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I recommend a combination of both setups. 9 gram servos on the ailerons, 6 gram servos on the tail feathers. 3s power setup.
:way_to_go:

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I recommend a combination of both setups. 9 gram servos on the ailerons, 6 gram servos on the tail feathers. 3s power setup.
:way_to_go:
I actually have 9 gram servos from a donor crack yak that has been retired, so I plan on using those. I have the power system also, but ordered a different setup per the online specs. Just curious, my lipos from the crack yak are 3s 350mah. Will I have short flight times with those? I might have to order some bigger ones.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Alright, here is the packaging.

image01.jpg
image02.jpg
image03.jpg

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I started on the tail. I used thin CA to glue in the CF braces. I then glued the fuse to the horizontal stab.
image05.jpg
image06.jpg
image07.jpg
image08.jpg

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Next I sliced the vertical fuse at the tabs. After that I built the wheels. They are made up of a center wooden disc with a foam "tire" around it. There is a foam disc for both sides and a small wooden doubler that goes on each side to help support the axle.
image09.jpg
image10.jpg
image13.jpg
image14.jpg

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Finally for the night I worked on the wings. I attached the middle one to the fuse and added the CF support. The servos go in the middle wing, so I also glued those in.
image11.jpg
image12.jpg
image15.jpg
image16.jpg
image17.jpg
image18.jpg
I glued the bottom one together and added the cf support to the other 2. I also added the cf supports to the 4 cabanes that get them.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I actually have 9 gram servos from a donor crack yak that has been retired, so I plan on using those. I have the power system also, but ordered a different setup per the online specs. Just curious, my lipos from the crack yak are 3s 350mah. Will I have short flight times with those? I might have to order some bigger ones.

My guess is yes the flight time will be short on the 350's. I'm lucky to get 5 minutes on 2s 325 packs on my 32" Crack Laser.

I'll probably use 3s 600 packs on my Fokker.