• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

New to us airframe....

Bipenut53

150cc
Well [MENTION=4379]cam4569[/MENTION] and I just picked up a new to us 3DHS 89" AJ Slick airframe... Looks really good, just need to get it put together with some new parts.....

IMG_20160226_084840238.jpg IMG_20160226_084854549.jpg

Hey guys! Have fun with the slick...I know I had a lot of awesome flights with that thing. Was kinda bummed I had to sell it , but I'm glad to see it go to a good home and be built and flown the way it should be. I'm looking forward to picking up one of those 79" Slicks sometime this summer. Not sure when it'll be released or when SupaTim might be getting some. But I do plan on getting one and if I can make the room , I'll try stuffing a EF 78" Extra as well. Between MX and flying my planes....should be a fun summer!

Chris , I'll keep checking in on this thread and see your progress. What's your first plan of attack? You guys figure out what motor you may be putting in it?

Bipenut53

150cc
Hey guys! Have fun with the slick...I know I had a lot of awesome flights with that thing. Was kinda bummed I had to sell it , but I'm glad to see it go to a good home and be built and flown the way it should be. I'm looking forward to picking up one of those 79" Slicks sometime this summer. Not sure when it'll be released or when SupaTim might be getting some. But I do plan on getting one and if I can make the room , I'll try stuffing a EF 78" Extra as well. Between MX and flying my planes....should be a fun summer!

Chris , I'll keep checking in on this thread and see your progress. What's your first plan of attack? You guys figure out what motor you may be putting in it?

Thanks [MENTION=4459]Jeffro503[/MENTION], we are looking at a few engines and really haven't come down to just one, yet, we have the servos we want in it and working on getting the rest of it ready and doing a bit of cover tightening and looking it over good. We will keep updating here and get some video's of his first flights with a larger gasser, I plan on buddy cording with him until he feels comfortable with the airplane....

Right on! Very easy plane to get used to. This thing even at 19+lbs flew extremely light on the wings. I told Chris that it could of actually had another 1 - 2lbs and probably still feel really good. I had a BME 58cc on the front and had to move some stuff forward just to get it to balance correctly. On high rates and full deflection , the damn thing just about turns around inside itself...pretty incredible bird to fly. Hoping my 79" will fly like that.

Btw...I haven't heard anything from Tim yet. No big deal though , as I'm not ready to buy one yet anyways.

Bipenut53

150cc
Right on! Very easy plane to get used to. This thing even at 19+lbs flew extremely light on the wings. I told Chris that it could of actually had another 1 - 2lbs and probably still feel really good. I had a BME 58cc on the front and had to move some stuff forward just to get it to balance correctly. On high rates and full deflection , the damn thing just about turns around inside itself...pretty incredible bird to fly. Hoping my 79" will fly like that.

Btw...I haven't heard anything from Tim yet. No big deal though , as I'm not ready to buy one yet anyways.

Yes Tim is in Arizona at the electric show there, he will be back on Monday the first. You may also want to message him on his web site or click Here and it will take you right to the messaging part of the web site. Ive always wanted a Slick... I enjoy my 91" EF Extra very much... you may see it in the background of the first picture... Looking forward to getting it in the air!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup he's here in Arizona and will start the long drive home probably this morning. It's a 18 hour drive for me to get home to Eugene, Oregon (not looking forward to starting that trip back!) and his is another 7 hours on top of that! That is assuming he drove so he could bring product. I spoke to him Friday but didn't ask if he drove.

cam4569

70cc twin V2
Excited to get it all together, I think I enjoy the build/project aspect of this hobby as much as flying

cam4569

70cc twin V2
Happy Birthday [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION].. you will enjoy the AJ, I look forward to see it flying real soon....

on a side note the citaboria will be flying soon as well .. (once they ship the engine)....