• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New to 3D

James Ballard

New to GSN!
Hey all,

If anyone is new to 3D then http://www.wild-wings.co.uk/ is a really good place to learn. It has loads of full HD tutorials with stick movements, slow motion footage and clear instructions. Here is the prop hang video:

[video=youtube;EvBJskfCF0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvBJskfCF0o[/video]

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Really nice tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

I emailed with James and told him I would be offering feedback on his site. We have discussed the "leader" trial then purchase to get "full" access marketing. He is a one man show for development, flying, filming, web design, etc. I recommended and would ask for feedback here that he consider a few more than one trial tutorial in each category. Also a different price structure may get more exposure.
So, given great quality (HD) and good narrating and Tx depiction what would you guys pay for up to 8-10 tutorials in beginner , intermediate and advanced categories?
I told James I would do this to offer constructive feedback rather than "trash" talk a new business and an attempt at promoting precision and 3d/ XA. Let me know what you think.
Daren

3dNater

Man it is so hard to sell something when so many people are giving it away for free already. In this day and age I don't think many people would pay more than a couple of dollars. I might pay more for advanced videos that could help me get to the next level if I really wanted it. I feel that the internet is totally flooded with beginner videos already. There are many of them on this site. It isn't that I don't see value in what is offered, it is just not something I see a market for. The price of substitutes is too low, i.e. free.

dth7

Great feedback Nate. James is monitoring this thread and has been very receptive so far. This will only help him work through this marketing quandary. Thanks.

3dNater

By the way, I do really like the way this video is put together. It is much more professional than your average joe youtube vid. I wish James the best of luck and I like the entrepreneurial spirit.