• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New to 3D

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Guys try Foam Tac also. Used Welders a lot but Foam Tac stays more flexible and doesn't discolor. Made by Beacon. Available at several sources.

Bipenut53

150cc
Guys try Foam Tac also. Used Welders a lot but Foam Tac stays more flexible and doesn't discolor. Made by Beacon. Available at several sources.

Yes Ive seen that too..... I was thinking I may use that on my next one if I get a next one, I just used what they used since I didn't see Foam Tac until after I built mine but I didn't have any experience with it so that's why I didn't say anything about it.... I try to talk about stuff I have experience with.... Thanks dth7!

dth7

Yes Ive seen that too..... I was thinking I may use that on my next one if I get a next one, I just used what they used since I didn't see Foam Tac until after I built mine but I didn't have any experience with it so that's why I didn't say anything about it.... I try to talk about stuff I have experience with.... Thanks dth7!

Oh, there will be a "next one" silly. Just a suggestion I learned this past year. Saw it at Toledo show last year.
Have fun.

Bipenut53

150cc
LOL oh yes of course there will be a next one.... Im an addict and Ive got to have my fix!! I got wayyyyyy too many airplanes as it is but I gotta have more!!! lol and thanks for the suggestion because I will be trying it out for sure!! I have two crack yaks and the crack turbo beaver lol Nice thing with those they don't take up too much room but you do have to be careful how you store em...... I generally hang mine by the props......

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Crack Yak arrived. I am going to let the hinges sit with weight on them until I get home from work tomorrow night. Then I will start the build. The only thing I do not have yet is a JST connector for the ESC. And a charge lead with a JST connector for my charger. All my other batteries have Deans connectors on them but the smaller JST look best for a small application like this.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Woo Hoo!!! You will love that plane!!! You should join us on rcfoamies.com as well for all the foamy action!

Bipenut53

150cc
Crack Yak arrived. I am going to let the hinges sit with weight on them until I get home from work tomorrow night. Then I will start the build. The only thing I do not have yet is a JST connector for the ESC. And a charge lead with a JST connector for my charger. All my other batteries have Deans connectors on them but the smaller JST look best for a small application like this.

Like Mike said, your gonna love that plane!! Let me know if you have any issues, Ive built 3 Twisted Hobbys planes including that one, Im no pro but I may be able to help.....

3dNater

I love my 39" crack yak! Mine is the one [MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION] built in the build thread. It is still flying perfectly despite a few hard knocks :D

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Crack Yak is coming along. Waiting for lower vert fuse to dry before flipping it over to work on the top. crackyak1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: