• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Is there a way for me to stop new posts from disappearing from the "new posts" page after they have been viewed? Sometimes I want to reopen a thread and I have to go into the main forum page to find it under the specific topic it was posted in(until someone makes another post to the thread, and then it comes back up on the "new posts" page). Am I missing something?

New posts means new since you were last on. Once you've read the post, it's no longer new, so it drops off the new posts page.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Is there a way for me to stop new posts from disappearing from the "new posts" page after they have been viewed? Sometimes I want to reopen a thread and I have to go into the main forum page to find it under the specific topic it was posted in(until someone makes another post to the thread, and then it comes back up on the "new posts" page). Am I missing something?

@landshark I tried a few different ways to try and keep new post up, but just can't keep em after you've read them. I would subscribe to threads your posting in, and then you could find them easily.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
when you click on New Posts there is another link down and to the right called Recent Posts.....Recent Posts doesn't care who you are or what you've already looked at, it shows all threads in the order of when they've had their last posts made.

different website but same software..
recent-vs-new-posts.png

Bart

when you click on New Posts there is another link down and to the right called Recent Posts.....Recent Posts doesn't care who you are or what you've already looked at, it shows all threads in the order of when they've had their last posts made.

different website but same software..
View attachment 6780

Bart
That's it! Thanks Bart!