• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I suppose I should introduce myself as well!

I'm Nate from Southern UT. I am your friendly administrator with duties mostly centered around community development. If you have any suggestions for enhancing the feel of the site please send me a PM or suggest it in the suggestions forum.

-Nate

Bill H.

New to GSN!
Hi guys, I'm Bill from Las Vegas, been flying,driving,steering since 1977,(yes I'm older than Doc) got first 3d plane PA MX a couple years ago. Classified as 3d noob.
Now have 59" slick, 47" vyper, EF 60" extra exp, EF 48" edge exp (yes Gary it's still in the box)

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Hey guys, Mike from Chicago here. I'm the tech guy on this forum that installs, configures, and basically keeps the web site serving pages to you hungry 3D pilots! Oh yeah, I also love to fly 3D airplanes. Flew glow planes back in the '80's, took a hiatus to raise my family and got back into the hobby in 2008...a lot had changed since 1992!!! Then I got my first taste of 3D when I got a 46" Vyper at a 3DHS garage sale. :D Now I've got a 49" Su-26, 51" Slick, 58" Edge, 65" Vyper, and 71" Slick (red, gasser) as wel as a 34" Edge...I've got a few non-3DHS airframes as well, including a Gold Wing Su-26 with a DLE-30 and a Twist 60 with a Saito FA-115. My favorite...wait for it...the 51" Slick :) One of my buddies, CRFan1, keeps encouraging me to get an Extreme Flight plane. I have to figure out how to fit that in the budget for next year.

If you've got any technical questions or issues, there are some threads here for posting to get help, or you can send me a PM.

I appreciate all the ideas that have come forth and those that are already in my queue to implement...looks like I will be keeping busy here! I feel blessed to be able to use my God-given skills to contribute to this community which has already taught me so much!

btw SnowDog has a two-fold meaning for me: 1) it is the name of a character in a song by my favorite band of all time, Rush, and 2) it reminds of my dog, Winnie, who was a black lab/shepard mix, who loved to play in the snow, fetching a stick that weighed as much as she did, and who loved to try to eat all the snow my snow blower could throw after a heavy Chicago winter storm.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Guess its my turn too. I'm Gary. I'm an active Air Force pilot during the day, and most recently a website owner by night. Currently in Vegas, but moving to San Antonio in a few weeks.
I've been flying RC for almost 3 years now, and got into Helis first. I couldn't really do much other than hover, so I got into airplanes about 2 years ago.
The transition was quick as I could apply my understanding of full scale flight to RC easily. First were the EDF jets, then the blistering fast "fun flyers" and finally 3D last November. My first 3D plane was the Buck Huck, and I haven't looked back since. I've owned and either sold or crashed nearly 20 EF or 3DHS planes since! My current hangar houses an 89" Slick, 74" Edge, 70" Slick, 60" Edge, 60" MXS, 51" Slick, and I've got a 72" Extra on the way.
I'm definitely addicted to 3D flying and this community in general... a major drive behind founding this site.
I'll be lurking about, helping out everywhere I can, so please let me know if you have an idea for making it better here; this is OUR 3D COMMUNITY!

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Uhhh hi I'm cullen. I have been flying since february and I'm hooked big time. :D I started with a champ, then went to a parkzone spitfire (yeah ikr!!!! Crazy!) I actually managed to fly it, and only bought one replacement wing. Then one day I bashed it in really badly, and it needed an airframe. I ordered the airframe 4 months ago and it came last week (fail horizon). Then I got my T28, then Crack Yak and Um sukhoi. And here I am today :) btw I'm 15.

Gravity Cheat

New to GSN!
Shawn from clearwater FL area. 3D flyer for 5 years now and loving it. About 7 years circle flyer prior to that. Thos days are over;)

SteveT.

100cc
SteveT from San Jose, CA....I'm the evil, wicked, mean, and nasty moderator here on 3DRCForums.......let's keep it all together, or I'll start cracking the whip!!! :D :D :D

Oh....and I'm a grumpy old fart (61 years old)

SteveT

SteveT from San Jose, CA....I'm the evil, wicked, mean, and nasty moderator here on 3DRCForums.......let's keep it all together, or I'll start cracking the whip!!! :D :D :D

Oh....and I'm a grumpy old fart (61 years old)

SteveT

I wish there were more people like you Steve!