• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New from Abilene TX

wesley.

70cc twin V2
:welcome:

Glad to see someone here that is not a million miles away. Im in Haskell about 50 miles north of you. We were at Seabee park not to long ago they have a reall nice set up

Carrid02

50cc
Hey guys... sorry for the delay but I'm finally getting back to you on local events. As of today, we are all set for a big bird fun-fly on July 11th.

Here are the details:

The Abilene Radio Control Society is inviting pilots to attend our Wings Over Abilene 2015 fun fly and fly-in event on Saturday July 11, 2015 at **** Bowen Field, located in Sea Bee Park, Abilene Texas. This will be an open fun fly for any big bird, with an emphasis on the Giant Scale/IMAC and precision aerobatic flying. The ARCS flying field is one of the best in Texas with a 400’ concrete runway, concrete taxiway, covered pit area with tables and electrical outlets available in several locations.

ARCS hosted a number of IMAC contests spanning from 2001 to 2009. We had some of the largest events in South-central during that time, with typically 30+ IMAC pilots attending the last few IMAC contests we hosted. Our club is seeing resurgence in IMAC style airplanes and flying within our membership. Our goal with this fun-fly is to offer a low cost/high reward event that will draw pilots to the field. With a successful Wings Over Abilene, we will plan to host an official IMAC event for 2016.

-Open flying will start Friday evening and continue throughout the weekend.

-$10.00 landing donation: Pre-register by emailing James Johnson at: ghostflyer@swbell.net. Please include your name and AMA number. Pilot list will be updated and posted on all major web forums.

-Light Breakfast and BBQ lunch Saturday will be provided to pilots. Friday/Saturday dinner are on your own.

-Hotels available at the corner of FM600/I-20.

-Campers/Camping on site is allowed but no hookups available.

-Raffle Saturday. 1 ticket for all registered pilots with 5 additional tickets per pilot available for purchase. (must be present to win)

James Johnson can be contacted at ghostflyer@swbell.net Watch for additional info/updates on our club website: www.abilenercsociety.com

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Welcome and enjoy.:) Enjoy a Cheeseburger too! (Maybe???:blank: NO???:( YES???:))

OK I may have self esteem issues but enjoy this great site anyway!:attaboy: