• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New from Abilene TX

Carrid02

50cc
Hey guys... I'm new to this site but not new to RC. I've been flying for 15+ years.

I'm flying 35%ers mainly for 3D. I have a young family so time is, well, limited for R/C. (as it should be). I'd love to fly IMAC again in the future when I have more time.

The thing I love most about the forums is the awesome builds. I learn alot from watching some of the most talented builders get it done. Looking forward to seeing builds on this site. (and participating in the building)

-Craig Rideout
-Abilene TX.

Carrid02

50cc
Hmmmmm..... that's a good question. I've just sent a message to one of our club guys. I'll post when I hear back.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Hi Craig, welcome aboard!

That would be awesome to get another IMAC event in Texas. It's a shame, for as many flying clubs there are in TX, we only have the Ft. Worth and Sherman events.

I'd like to see the Texas ARD contact some clubs along the gulf coast about hosting an event. I know it's a huge undertaking to do so and the SC membership would need to attend and support the event(s). I also know it's expensive to travel to the events as well. I think it would be nice to have several IMAC contest along the gulf coast during January, February and March.

Carrid02

50cc
Thanks guys. I agree with you on more IMAC events. I used to be more involved when I was in college. I haven't flown IMAC now for 7-8 years. I just don't have the time. BUT, the Abilene R/C society has (IMO) the best place to fly in central Texas. Check out our site: http://abilenercsociety.webs.com/ Concrete runway, taxiway, concrete covered pit area with tables, power to each table... it's absolutely awesome.

It looks like there aren't any current events on the club calendar for the spring but we have a meeting coming up and we'll be discussing the spring IMAC event.

-Craig