• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need some advice on a new 30cc 3D plane.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
LOTS of guy's run a DA50 in that plane....perfect combo. Skip the 30cc stuff, buy a 50 and partake in some of the newer 79" planes and have more bang for the same buck.
I've never considered that before. Now you've got me thinking and that is never a good thing.

I just looked at Aerobeez 78" span airplanes and since I have several DA50's that would be a good way to get the best out of one.
How good is the Pilot edge.
I've been flying the 50cc Pilot edge for a few years now and love it. My problem is I'm running a DA50 and in that airplane it's a little underpowered to be quite honest. But the airplane flies awesome. I feel very comfortable flying around in a low harrier and I'm far from a 3D god.......... okay very far.:face-palm: It has never been anything but a pussycat when going slow, and I think it maybe the easiest landing airplane I've ever flown.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Jetpainter all I can say is looked at them both and came home with the Typhoon. Do not why but I do love orange I know it is not a good reason but it is what happened. Like the plane but it is not built just looked at it and put it back in the box winter project.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
For now for my 33cc OS GT The exstreem flight 74 inch Edge seems to be the one I am going back to the most.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
@Jetpainter all I can say is looked at them both and came home with the Typhoon. Do not why but I do love orange I know it is not a good reason but it is what happened. Like the plane but it is not built just looked at it and put it back in the box winter project.

This is what I would do if I could walk into a store and see one for myself... love the scheme.

Yes indeed

I have the electric 60" Extra 300EXP and am still tweaking it (CG and motor angle has way too much down thrust) but I bought it based on it's track record and I don't think it'll disappoint.

For now for my 33cc OS GT The exstreem flight 74 inch Edge seems to be the one I am going back to the most.

I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the Extreme Flight Models. As someone once told me "pick what you want to fly, fly it, and have fun" ha ha