• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need some advice on a new 30cc 3D plane.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
nice. I haven't flown the EF74 edge, but with most Edge540's I've noticed them to be snappy, whereas a slick tends to have a little better characteristics for the novice (more forgiving) and expert flyer. just my $.02 Maybe someone can shoot that thought down or confirm it? The Extreme Flight planes are amazing though... so ya I dont think you could go wrong!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The perfectly straight LE on an Edge wing is an extremely stable design in high alpha. Every edge I've flown just sits there in a harrier so it's the ideal airframe for a beginner. Not sure why you say they're snappy, quite the opposite from my experiences :confused:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok you guys you are confusing me. Yes or no. I must say just looking at it I like the edge but means nothing. How good is the Pilot edge.
@Xpress I @AKNick . Thanks for the advice.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
The perfectly straight LE on an Edge wing is an extremely stable design in high alpha. Every edge I've flown just sits there in a harrier so it's the ideal airframe for a beginner. Not sure why you say they're snappy, quite the opposite from my experiences :confused:
+1. My thoughts exactly.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
OK there you have it from the pros! It's possible that the airfoils I have flown have a thin symmetrical airfoil with a heavier wing loading which would make any aircraft snappy and even worse stall (snappy) tendencies at high alpha. So trust @Xpress who have flown probably a lot more Edge540s from reputable manufactures than I have. Sorry @Snoopy1 I didn't mean to throw you off!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
OK there you have it from the pros! It's possible that the airfoils I have flown have a thin symmetrical airfoil with a heavier wing loading which would make any aircraft snappy and even worse stall (snappy) tendencies at high alpha. So trust @Xpress who have flown probably a lot more Edge540s from reputable manufactures than I have. Sorry @Snoopy1 I didn't mean to throw you off!
Never be sorry for trying to help I really appreciate your input. Thanks.

Komet163

50cc
image.jpg
Love my 3dhs 74 edge no way snappy pte 36cc savor servos straight forward airplane I've gone to non3d flying with fogs and they all complement the basic aerobatic quality of the airplane

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice! You all are making me want to get a non-slicked 540 again, had my reservations but seems like I just had a bad experience before with lesser quality models. Do you guys know if the demonstrator is just a scheme or is it modified from the other 540 versions that 3DHS makes?
Edit: it's different, just read the info section on the website. Man wish they'd come out with. 50-70cc model!!

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Nice! You all are making me want to get a non-slicked 540 again, had my reservations but seems like I just had a bad experience before with lesser quality models. Do you guys know if the demonstrator is just a scheme or is it modified from the other 540 versions that 3DHS makes?
Edit: it's different, just read the info section on the website. Man wish they'd come out with. 50-70cc model!!
If I remember correctly the Demonstrator has a lot more carbon. I agree, if they had a 50cc I'd pull the trigger on one today!