• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Need info on Balsa USA 1/3 Super Cub

I am seriously considering purchasing a Balsa USA 1/3 Super Cub. I noticed that Robart's price is about 10% cheaper than on Balsa USA's website. Can someone with knowledge of the Balsa Cubs pricing recommend the best place to buy the kit ? Also I see someone on here has bought a Nelitz 1/3 scale SC. Does anyone know anything about this kit and the price ? Thanks for any info.

Dave

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I am seriously considering purchasing a Balsa USA 1/3 Super Cub. I noticed that Robart's price is about 10% cheaper than on Balsa USA's website. Can someone with knowledge of the Balsa Cubs pricing recommend the best place to buy the kit ? Also I see someone on here has bought a Nelitz 1/3 scale SC. Does anyone know anything about this kit and the price ? Thanks for any info.

Dave

Hi Dave, I am building the Nelitz cub here. I bought the kit from Don at Rcaiir.com. He and I go back a few years in the classic pattern world. Appears to be a complete wood and fiberglass kit, so far only a couple of issues.

The Nelitz cub is well known as exact scale design, much more than the balsa USA cub. However that is not the super cub.

More if you wish, let me know.

Hi Dave, I am building the Nelitz cub here. I bought the kit from Don at Rcaiir.com. He and I go back a few years in the classic pattern world. Appears to be a complete wood and fiberglass kit, so far only a couple of issues.

The Nelitz cub is well known as exact scale design, much more than the balsa USA cub. However that is not the super cub.

More if you wish, let me know.
Yes, I contacted Don to find out some info about their Cub as opposed to the Balsa Cub and found out that they use a metal fuselage instead but I was under the impression that there's was a PA-18, not a J-3. Is there a reason that you wanna talk about as to why you chose them instead of the Balsa kit?

Dave

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I bought a wood kit from Don at Rcaiir, not metal. There is a metal frame Nelitz cub build ongoing over at rcsb.

20180203_131028.jpg
20180203_131131.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I chose Don's kit because it was based on the much more scale Nelitz plans. And i know Don. The balsa USA kit will be better overall with more support and help out on the web .