• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

my lawn darts!!!

Do-rag

100cc
While technically not a lawn dart this is all that was left of the LT40 after a 35% carden Cap flew through it. Sad part was I had just put it together for my step daughter.
attachment.php

8425=3095-lt40crashparts2.jpg
8425=3095-lt40crashparts2.jpg

sparkx38

50cc
Terryscustom;8385 said:
sparkx38;8265 said:
Here is one of the few that I have had. It hurt extra bad because it was not mine but a 12 year boys. Crash do to a equalizer failure on the elevators. To make it worse the young man had only the maiden flight and it went in on the second flight with me at the sticks. :sorrow: Even though it was nothing I could help, I never felt so bad in my life.
Ahh, the old elevator equalizer / reverser failure. I remember I bought my first plane with dual elevator servos in the tail and got one of those reverser deals from the LHS. It was a Showtime 120, built with all the best stuff I could but I had not gotten a new radio yet. Maiden flight, third pass the right elevator when full deflection up and that thing went in like a sack of potatoes. Had to dig the brand new O.S. 1.20 out of the dirt.

I've been pretty lucky, only thing I've toasted since I started flying all gas 5 years ago is a Pilot Extra.....talking to a guy and forgot to fill the gas, I was dipping my tail in some corn and went to blast out straight up full throttle at about 30 feet and engine died. The scatter path was pretty confined on that one.

Not that hard to do. Someone made a friend of mine this sign after he did the same thing.

8439=3098-GAs Me Please.jpg
8439=3098-GAs Me Please.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
These are the remains of my first gasser, an Aeroworks 50cc Yak 54. This is what happens when your ambition overpowers your skill with a snap happy airplane. Considering it hit nearly vertical under power it held up pretty well.

If you look closely at the rudder, you can see it was doomed to fail, it was just a matter of time.:smile-new:

8954=3187-PicsArt_1408626995777.jpg
8954=3187-PicsArt_1408626995777.jpg

Do-rag

100cc
Jetpainter;8954 wrote: These are the remains of my first gasser, an Aeroworks 50cc Yak 54. This is what happens when your ambition overpowers your skill with a snap happy airplane. Considering it hit nearly vertical under power it held up pretty well.

If you look closely at the rudder, you can see it was doomed to fail, it was just a matter of time.:smile-new:

attachment.php

Is it possible that this plane saw the future and committed suicide because of what was attached to it's rudder.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Do-rag;9072 wrote: Is it possible that this plane saw the future and committed suicide because of what was attached to it's rudder.

Yes, and from now on that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Revy

30cc
My "good one" LOL

My first...and last...35% Comp ARF Edge. Got two and a half good flights until...

13387=7258-IMG_0165b.JPG]
13387=7258-IMG_0165b.JPG

13387=7259-IMG_0175.JPG]
13387=7259-IMG_0175.JPG

I'll stick to pieces of plank now. :p

Revy

30cc
Yup, I won't lie, it hurt not only the pocket book but the ego. Froze my flying for a while with self doubt. I do feel it was an issue with the fuse at the the base of the vertical stab. Snapped twice in level flight at a descent speed, nosed it in. Tried to discuss it with Comp ARF...they chose not to engage a possible issue with that custom job. As for another composite....maybe someday. :rolleyes: