• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

MVVS 116

Any info on one would be great! I have seen and read the specs. Any first hand info is what I'm after. Looking to shy away from the China engines.

Thanks!

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
I've seen some in first hand, old IRS and the new NP.
I can tell you that these engines will rip most of the known 120 props, its a different class.
I prefer the NP over the IRS, cause of the drop down crab is much easier to adjust, not that you'll need it, but it seems that its much easier to start the engine and to install.
Best props...29-12 for IMAC
30-10 for 3D
3 blade 27-12

50cc
Have run mine on stand, with chock set up is easy to start. Have no RPM, been using plug-in tack. I have the 30-10.
The ignition takes 3-cell lipo. Just read some info on TFC that smart fly ignition shout off is good for this voltage.

For the price that both Limitless and Chief are selling them at...... Almost seems like a no brainer.........

Will wait til the new year and decide then... Funds are dwindeling rapid right now.......

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
I guess that when it comes to pros and cons with these engines price is one if the cones but, take in consideration that this engine will give you more than 250 hrs.

The price point of this engine is awesome! I'm used to buying engines that are another $300 more, for about the same cc or a little less.

Don't get me wrong, my China engine runs good. But I'm not sure about how much longer it has running these higher RPM's on tuned pipes.

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Not me, 3 posts away from graduating to 60cc so sorry about the meaningless answer. Prior to the last site update I think @SleepyC; had me at 339cc kinda pimp status :oblong:

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
The price point of this engine is awesome! I'm used to buying engines that are another $300 more, for about the same cc or a little less.

Don't get me wrong, my China engine runs good. But I'm not sure about how much longer it has running these higher RPM's on tuned pipes.[/

Well that's why it's a premium engine.
I know that buying and flying a china made engine is good it's nice and it's working but the smile doesn't stay for long. But then you buy another one...and so on.
It was good time ago, not these days.
For the price of 1.5 china engine you buy a premium engine that can last for much longer without waiting for the dead stick.
I use to fly with DLE 170 and man, there is a big difference between china made and EU made.