• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

MTW 75 Canister Mount

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey everyone... I need a little advice or suggestion please. Apparently the canister mounts I "thought" I had lined up for the PAU 300 are larger than what I remembered. I am in need of a canister mount for the MTW 75 canisters. The cans measure about 2-3/4" in diameter. The can tunnel in the 300 has ample room for pretty much anything available. Anyone give me a suggestion on what would be the best fit for something like this? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks...

Get some 3/8" spruce, and form a "box" for the can. Don't forget to add the silicone bumpers.

It wont restrict hot air escape either. I did this before on a twin set up, and it worked out pretty good. Wish I had pics, but this was 13 years ago when I did this.

JimD

50cc
Here are some pictures of an installation MTW-75K canisters using the plywood mounts from Desert Aircraft mentioned above:

725.JPG 726.JPG 727.JPG 728.JPG 739.JPG

Dan767

70cc twin V2
I used the mounts mentioned above. You may have to cut them in half for the proper spacing, they are on my 3W-110 powered PAU Extra

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Got it handled. Twin double mounts installed in fuse and MTW 75's in place. All exhaust connections made. Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.:way_to_go: