• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

motor mounts, aluminum is preferred....

I have made two of these, But I also have contacted Chris's friend, Dan, who is also making me some that Are CNC. Thank you @Bunky.F.Knuckle for the introduction to your friend. I really appreciate you.

I made these yesterday and today, and
They are SWB standoffs, that I brazed aluminum solder onto a 1/8" aluminum plate, front and back. After I cut out a central hole, total weight is 4.7 ounces, and it feels very strong.

This piece, will get a nice polishing before it is installed, and the edges rounded out, so there are no sharp edges.

total length is 43 mm.

Once the ones come in from Dan, then I can decide which I will use. Now I will have over 6 mounts! Some with Different weights and material, so I can experiment.

View attachment 80598 View attachment 80599
No prob. Glad he is doing this for you. I think between he and I, we may invest in a Mill and lathe. This way, we can do this for us, and not have to fiddle with it on company time. I love doing govt work at work. But them days for me are about over.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Could just be my ignorance showing, but why couldn't someone offer the front and back plate and varying sizes of stand-offs to fit between the plates. The standoffs could be over drilled to allow for bolt passage. You could even offer 1/4" spacers to fine tune the installation. Maybe because it might not have the rigidity of a one piece mount?

Could just be my ignorance showing, but why couldn't someone offer the front and back plate and varying sizes of stand-offs to fit between the plates. The standoffs could be over drilled to allow for bolt passage. You could even offer 1/4" spacers to fine tune the installation. Maybe because it might not have the rigidity of a one piece mount?

i believe the front and rear plate is the key. Guess it does not have to be one piece, if all 4 bolts are tight and remain tight. if it is a single piece unit, and one bolt were to become less tight, it would still maintain its strength and rigidity, whereas if it was front plate - spacers - rear plate, and one came loose, then it would all lose strength??

This is my uneducated engineering physics on it!

Maybe some one can do a finite element analysis....

That would be a killer idea. 2 3/16" plates, and aluminum dowel with a .270" hole thru the dowel, with varying length dowels.

May have to do 4 smaller bolts attaching the parts together. Harmonics and vibration.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
This is one by Aero Lite Mfg for a DA60 that my friend Chris @JC 3D had. A pretty neat design.

20151219_151912.jpg
20151219_151958.jpg
20151219_152046.jpg

thanks Chris, he also emailed me, but told me the file was too large to send. I totally understand and am excited to see the results!