• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Moki 250cc 40% Sukhoi SU-31

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
All but the 800 is on Vogelsangs website, the 800 is more or less a special order and from my understanding is built at that time. I have a couple Valachs and dealt with several others personally and converse with other owners on overseas forums. Not knocking any other brand, simply put, Valach is hands down the best four stroke gas engine made be it a single, boxer, or radial. They all start the same way, 4 flips choke and one sometimes two flips no choke. They, to the best of my knowledge, have never had an issue with ignition modules, cams, timing, bearings, etc. etc. The only drawback to the Valach line is the crankcase vent, it does disburse some oil. An oil catch works well and the amount of oil decreases with break in to a point of not being an issue. I consider this as knowing the internals are getting well lubricated.
Price wise it's just slightly more than the Moki. but it comes with the fuel pump.:)

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Okay, you guys really did it now.;)

I sent the info on the Valach 250 radial to my buddy and he's in, that means the DA200 powered SU-31 is for sale, which makes me kinda sad.:(

20180722_102110_resized_1.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
You might have missed this as it was posted just before yours on the previous page.

There is something just so sexy about a Radial. I really can't pick a Moki over the Valach. They both sound so bad ass.

I sent the info on the Valach 250 radial to my buddy and he's in, that means the DA200 powered SU-31 is for sale, which makes me kinda sad.:(

View attachment 105129
Yeah, now you tell me this. After I am gearing up for the big Mustang. But that is ok really. Cuz I have a devious little plan in mind that I have been toying with for some time. I like my Sukhoi. But the 170 dub is just not what I really wanted on the front of it. I mean, the GP176Evo was ok. (When it would decide to run) The 3w170 has been flawless in every way. But I have always yearned to have a round engine stuffed inside that round cowl. Hmm...maybe once the "Stang" is done and flying I will look at options for a round engine. LOL

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

View attachment 105129
Make him an offer you never know he may give you a killer deal and you will have one hell of a nice plane, if I am not mistaken you built the plane. Even better you will be up there in the big league with the Stang.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Make him an offer you never know he may give you a killer deal and you will have one hell of a nice plane, if I am not mistaken you built the plane. Even better you will be up there in the big league with the Stang.
Don't have the space, and more importantly the cash.