• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MOJO 65 w/20cc Build

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So I have been doing a little catch up reading on everything. It is nice to see you are making constant progress. I love your scheme by the way. Simple but classic. I am excited to hear how she flies. Mush.... git er done.
whipping.gif

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Could be, but I am looking to totally change the materials of the construction of the fuse. Basically a composite structure, with no wood, no fiberglass tubes. Didn't want to attempt any changes until after flying as designed and seeing how the weight comes out. I tend to be very methodical with changes, especially those which I may know little about. Call it the engineer in me. I may end up changing the power plant, but who knows... I am pretty green with the whole 3D realm.
What and how would you connect the carbon.

Last edited:

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
To build it light in my opinion just build it like any other profile out there. Get rid of all the ply, that wonky wing tube mount in the fuse, drop from two 3/8 tubes to one 1/2 tube mounted just below where the wing tube goes through the fuse, and stick build the rest of it like a normal profile. I personally think I could build that plane down to between 7 and 7-1/2 pounds.
Are you implying that you would use carbon instead of the ply, or do you mean just not use the ply - I realize I am confused :D

BalsaDust

Are you implying that you would use carbon instead of the ply, or do you mean just not use the ply - I realize I am confused :D

Yes get rid of the ply and build it with a fiberglass tube down the middle and using balsa like a normal slab. I will post pics a bit later.