• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MOJO 65 w/20cc Build

Alky6

150cc
Made up some prototype landing gear. Glued on a tail wheel mount. Got wings mounted and checked incidence (0 deg). Mocked up with surfaces, servos, and engine w exhaust to check CG. Will be moving the tail servos forward one bay to get CG close. Weight sans ignition, receiver, battery, fuel tank, control linkages and covering and misc. hardware is 7.4 pounds. A bit disappointed with that.... oh well. Getting closer.

IMG_4016.JPG
IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG
IMG_4019.JPG
IMG_4021.JPG
IMG_4024.JPG

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Anybody ever consider or heard of someone airfoiling the tail feathers? I had some good memories with my 40 sized version until I sold it cheap to a buddy. I'm really digging this build, maybe this winter......

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys. I have not heard of anyone airfoiling the tail surfaces. But that probably doesn't mean much. @BalsaDust would probably know more.
I had read in a couple of places where guys had airfoiled these mojos some. I know the guy that built mine airfoiled his, but I don't know if he has flown his yet. He doesn't do 3d so not even sure why he built the plane anyway. I have no clue what he plans to do with it because he is more into warbirds.