Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MOJO 65 w/20cc Build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Alky6, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Luchnia

Luchnia 70cc twin V2

What time does the event start and end?

2. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Starts at 9 and runs sat and Sunday I believe.

3. Alky6

Alky6 100cc

Made up some prototype landing gear. Glued on a tail wheel mount. Got wings mounted and checked incidence (0 deg). Mocked up with surfaces, servos, and engine w exhaust to check CG. Will be moving the tail servos forward one bay to get CG close. Weight sans ignition, receiver, battery, fuel tank, control linkages and covering and misc. hardware is 7.4 pounds. A bit disappointed with that.... oh well. Getting closer.

IMG_4016.JPG IMG_4017.JPG IMG_4018.JPG IMG_4019.JPG IMG_4021.JPG IMG_4024.JPG

4. Luchnia

Luchnia 70cc twin V2

Great to see some progress - looks good! I have been having a blast flying mine. I have about fifteen flights or so on the RCGF 26cc and truly enjoying the setup.

Alky6 likes this.
  5. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    Anybody ever consider or heard of someone airfoiling the tail feathers? I had some good memories with my 40 sized version until I sold it cheap to a buddy. I'm really digging this build, maybe this winter......

Alky6 likes this.
  6. Alky6

Alky6 100cc

Thanks guys. I have not heard of anyone airfoiling the tail surfaces. But that probably doesn't mean much. @BalsaDust would probably know more.

7. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Your getting closer. :yesss:

Alky6 likes this.
  8. Alky6

Alky6 100cc

Thanks! And so are you-- Looking forward to that maiden on your 50cc!

Jetpainter likes this.
  9. Luchnia

Luchnia 70cc twin V2

I had read in a couple of places where guys had airfoiled these mojos some. I know the guy that built mine airfoiled his, but I don't know if he has flown his yet. He doesn't do 3d so not even sure why he built the plane anyway. I have no clue what he plans to do with it because he is more into warbirds.

Alky6 likes this.
  10. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    maybe he should give it to you?!?!?