• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Suggestion Marking a Classified Item Sold??

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Guys...I KNOW HOW TO ADD SOLD in ad. I just am suggesting that they make a sold button and also the ability to search for non-sold classified. SlowHuck..thx for the troll report.

Bob, welcome to the site. Since we've appeared online we've had a long list of software problems and we are now on our third forums software package. It wasn't too long ago that just remaining online each day was a major challenge and we didn't even have time to take improvement suggestions like the one you're making.
So, welcome to the site, thanks for the suggestion (we love user suggestions!) and good luck selling those retracts.
Bart

i was thinking about that actually, i can do that.
and, imho, it is good to have a repository of old ads with actual sold prices so we can all keep track of the market on different items. same as doing a search of completed listings on eBay. and as far as expiration dates, i've found that some ads will sit for a long time but eventually someone comes along and makes an offer or asks about things so maybe not letting them expire and go away is better?

the sold tag might be the best solution and the simplest.
bart

Great idea!!! Kudos to you Bart and SlowHuck!

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
i was thinking about that actually, i can do that.
:way_to_go:
imho, it is good to have a repository of old ads with actual sold prices so we can all keep track of the market on different items. same as doing a search of completed listings on eBay. and as far as expiration dates, i've found that some ads will sit for a long time but eventually someone comes along and makes an offer or asks about things so maybe not letting them expire and go away is better?
Excellent point! I was wondering (I haven't played with it, I should investigate), does the 'choose by tag' feature offer an exclusionary option? That might satisfy bobzilla's secondary request.
sold tag might be the best solution and the simplest.
Good. Probably means editing each forum category in the classifieds? copy&paste&paste&paste&paste...

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
.......Good. Probably means editing each forum category in the classifieds? copy&paste&paste&paste&paste...

this software is so unbelievably awesome it's just a matter of adding the tag to the list of available tags for the forum category and it automatically propagate to the different subforms.
our experience here is being transferred over to multirotorforums.com this week and to a new RC site, also this week. ;)

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I just added a SOLD! thread prefix so when an item is sold please just edit the prefix only and leave the for sale content as is. if you'd like to edit the price to show what the item sold for we'd appreciate it but it isn't strictly necessary.

Thanks!
Bart

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
this software is so unbelievably awesome it's just a matter of adding the tag to the list of available tags for the forum category and it automatically propagate to the different subforms.
our experience here is being transferred over to multirotorforums.com this week and to a new RC site, also this week. ;)
Now that is just mean right there.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
DanglingCarrot.gif

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
I just added a SOLD! thread prefix so when an item is sold please just edit the prefix only and leave the for sale content as is. if you'd like to edit the price to show what the item sold for we'd appreciate it but it isn't strictly necessary.

Thanks!
Bart

PERFECTION BART!!