• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

long long downlines!! what about fuel clunks in the tank???

question for you all IMAC experts.

i was practicing today with my 120" extra 330 LX (3DHS)

and decided to push the limit, and flew one flight for 11 minutes and the 2nd flight for 10.5 minutes. my alarm is set for 10 minutes. and i am using two MTW re3 pipes with DA 170....

usually i will do two sequences in one flight, land, then refuel.

but today, i did 3 sequences in one flight.

before i ask my question,

i am using a PSP cap with PSP fittings, a 1.5 liter Fiji water bottle, and from the cap inside the tank, there is a 3 cm piece of viton, this is then attached to a long brass tube, which then is welded on to a brass clunk, and then the clunk has another piece of Viton that makes contact with the plastic of the inside of the fuel tank.

today, i was doing some real high hammerheads and big reverse 1/2 cuban eights. when i got her back level, towards the end of the flight, (3rd sequence), the motor sounded like it was about to give up. i assume is from air in the lines. sure enough when i landed, the fuel tank had, i would say, about 200 ml's of fuel left.

would any of you change out the tank somehow, or just go back to only 2 sequences?

fuel consumption is 118 ml per minute or 4 ounces per minute. does that sound about right?

i forgot to mention, i have a vent tube that loops back on tank, so that when airplane nose is down, the fuel does not exit thru the vent line.

I'm running almost the identicle set up, DA 170.re 3's, 1.5 liter fiji water bottle and I fly 2 int sequences and land with a little less than a third of a tank left. My timer is set for 10 mins also which gives me time to practice a few manuevers after the sequences.

E

Eye Can't Fly

Guy I know has gone with 2 smaller tanks in series. Works extremely well.

Do-rag

100cc
Have you tried the long up lines and down lines on the 2nd sequence? Just curious if you are not introducing air into the line with tank setup that you are describing. If so I would suggest a small header tank and that would solve the problem.

I use a 60oz dubro tank with my da200.

She is good to the last drop. Have run out of fuel twice while practicing and the tank was bone dry.

Tony