• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Let's see your full-scale airplane!

Patto

70cc twin V2
Need to see a few photos and read a few stories about your trip/adventure.

It was an adventure for sure. We drove 8+ hours down to Oakdale California from Eugene Oregon to take possession. The next morning, I had to do five hours with an instructor for insurance purposes. This was the most I had flown in about 12 years!!

Then, it was time for the flight home... As you can see, it was awesome... Went by Lake Shasta and Mt. Shasta.
IMG_20160612_171247698[1].jpg
IMG_20160612_174352715[1].jpg
IMG_20160612_180150282[1].jpg
IMG_7206[1].jpg

WMcNabb

150cc
It was an adventure for sure. We drove 8+ hours down to Oakdale California from Eugene Oregon to take possession. The next morning, I had to do five hours with an instructor for insurance purposes. This was the most I had flown in about 12 years!!

Awesome! Congratulations on your new acquisition!!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
very nice @Patto and good luck with it! i did an instrument rating with an owner in his M20, what a fun airplane to fly!

Well this is not mine by any means even though I wish it was... But yesterday I spent the day at the airport. One of our buddies has a new project and I spent a couple hours climbing all over it and we even got to do an engine run. Amazing that when you sump the fuel it is 5 gallons per tank! And it comes out of a 3/4" tube not your normal fuel sump!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 415
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 429

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
"Flight of the Albatross"....great movie....Oops, that was the Phoenix!

Pat & I had the pleasure of flying in one of these up in Alaska a few years back. She got the left front and I was in the navigator's seat behind her. Later went in the back and took some photos from the huge open doors (just the top 1/2's open). It's a Big-Assed-Bird!

What a wonderful experience and great memories!
DSC00010.JPG
DSC00013 Small.jpg
DSC00001.JPG
DSC00032.JPG

It's such a cool airplane! I did not realize until yesterday there is a hatch in the center of the fuse just behind the wing that lifts out and you can hoist a spare engine into the fuse and close it up! It's amazing that a 2,000 lbs engine just aft of the CG has no real effect on it! I can't wait until they get this bad boy flying! This one was ferried in from the desert and was purchased for less than $100,000... Pretty amazing you can get this for less than 100k but not a Skyhawk!