Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Let’s Talk Fuel Lines!

Discussion in 'Giant Scale News' started by GSNadmin, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    I agree with you since I have gone over to the felt clunk I have been pleased with it and I find it does completely empty the tank and filters the fuel at the same time.

AKNick likes this.
  3. Yes sir they work very well.

4. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Pretty close to $3 per foot. Not out of this world expensive. But pricey yes. Probably worth every penny if it "NEVER" hardens. Just realized this is 5/32" I.D. That would be great for the big hungry motors. Probably over kill for the smaller sized engines though.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Snoopy1 likes this.
  5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    They do make a smaller size not sure what it is. Just looked it up it is 3/32.

6. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Snoopy1 likes this.
  7. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    Ha! Yup, silly flop tube!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. I use Viton in my fuel tanks and also to the Carb McMaster-Carr sells it . well worth the investment .
    When is was visiting DA shop a local flyer from around Tucson came by to buy the generic yellow tygon fuel tubing which is sold in 5 foot lengths.
    The yellow tygon line cracked on the fuel nipple allowing air in so he couldn't get the engine to run but the pilot replaced it with the generic tygon tubing.
    My fellow flyers in the States are fortunate to have McMaster-Carr a great supplier of hardware tubing another stuff the local hobby stores over charge for . In Canada i can't get their products shipped here unless i have a Commercial account so sad .
    Hope this snapshot below helps my fellow pilots ..

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 10.54.51 AM.png

AKNick and pawnshopmike like this.
  9. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    Thanks for posting this, Like I was saying before the trick is getting the right wall thickness so it cannot flop over and kink on itself. I'll have to check the stuff that PSP sent me, I think it must be the 1/8" with the 1/8" or 3/32" wall... not he 1/16"!!

Are folks using this for smoke lines too? Like where it connects to the muffler too?

10. I would use for around the muffler . i'm using a piece of it around each head temperature loop just so it prevent the loop from viberating in the wind and it doesn't melt on the heads . Thanks to othobird for this idea he discussed on his build thread .

AKNick likes this.