• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Let’s Talk Fuel Lines!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Reference fuel clunks I have been using Walbro Felt clunks in all my gassers . I was advised not to use the knockoff style or brands made in China. I have never had any problems since switching to the Walbro Felt clunks. I get them from ValleyViewRc they are around $5 per piece, a little pricey but I think it is well worth the money.
I agree with you since I have gone over to the felt clunk I have been pleased with it and I find it does completely empty the tank and filters the fuel at the same time.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
View attachment 99896 Ok this is some new gas fuel line that I was introduced to at JoeNall. Been using since early spring and up to now I believe it is best I have tried ie Tygon, Viton and a few others I must say up to now this is the best tubing I will be switching over to. It is not cheap.
Pretty close to $3 per foot. Not out of this world expensive. But pricey yes. Probably worth every penny if it "NEVER" hardens. Just realized this is 5/32" I.D. That would be great for the big hungry motors. Probably over kill for the smaller sized engines though.

Last edited:

Rusty 73

100cc
I use Viton in my fuel tanks and also to the Carb McMaster-Carr sells it . well worth the investment .
When is was visiting DA shop a local flyer from around Tucson came by to buy the generic yellow tygon fuel tubing which is sold in 5 foot lengths.
The yellow tygon line cracked on the fuel nipple allowing air in so he couldn't get the engine to run but the pilot replaced it with the generic tygon tubing.
My fellow flyers in the States are fortunate to have McMaster-Carr a great supplier of hardware tubing another stuff the local hobby stores over charge for . In Canada i can't get their products shipped here unless i have a Commercial account so sad .
Hope this snapshot below helps my fellow pilots ..

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 10.54.51 AM.png

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I use Viton in my fuel tanks and also to the Carb McMaster-Carr sells it . well worth the investment .
When is was visiting DA shop a local flyer from around Tucson came by to buy the generic yellow tygon fuel tubing which is sold in 5 foot lengths.
The yellow tygon line cracked on the fuel nipple allowing air in so he couldn't get the engine to run but the pilot replaced it with the generic tygon tubing.
My fellow flyers in the States are fortunate to have McMaster-Carr a great supplier of hardware tubing another stuff the local hobby stores over charge for . In Canada i can't get their products shipped here unless i have a Commercial account so sad .
Hope this snapshot below helps my fellow pilots ..

View attachment 100016

Thanks for posting this, Like I was saying before the trick is getting the right wall thickness so it cannot flop over and kink on itself. I'll have to check the stuff that PSP sent me, I think it must be the 1/8" with the 1/8" or 3/32" wall... not he 1/16"!!

Are folks using this for smoke lines too? Like where it connects to the muffler too?

Rusty 73

100cc
I would use for around the muffler . i'm using a piece of it around each head temperature loop just so it prevent the loop from viberating in the wind and it doesn't melt on the heads . Thanks to othobird for this idea he discussed on his build thread .