• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Krill 39% Ultimate 300KS Assembly And Paint

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
No real progress last night. I went to dinner with family to celebrate being on the right side of the grass for another year. After dinner I did do a bunch of measuring on the cowl to make sure when I split it I don't end up putting a block of wood and a blind nut up against a plug wire cap. It looks like there should be plenty of room.

I might cut the cowl tonight, but I'm not sure I have the right weight glass cloth I need to make the lip.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
No real progress last night. I went to dinner with family to celebrate being on the right side of the grass for another year. After dinner I did do a bunch of measuring on the cowl to make sure when I split it I don't end up putting a block of wood and a blind nut up against a plug wire cap. It looks like there should be plenty of room.

I might cut the cowl tonight, but I'm not sure I have the right weight glass cloth I need to make the lip.

EDITED
What an Idiot I've been :lol2:. Guess I'm getting closer to the ultimate dirt nap.

Attachments

• 1013181353-00.jpg
    1013181353-00.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 392
  • 1013181354-00.jpg
    1013181354-00.jpg
    640.9 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

Well happy birthday to you and hope have many more.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Happy Birthday!

Not sure why Krill does the split cowl but full nosebowl on the Extra's. Is the Ultimate the same way?
The Ultimate isn't split at all, just a full cowl. Kind of surprising in this day and age. My Hangar 9 35% Extra 300X wasn't split either, but thanks to a great thread by Terry Wiles (and some previous experience butchering fiberglass ;)) it wasn't a big deal.

BalsaDust

Well happy freaking birthday. I as well celebrated being on the right side of the grass yesterday.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

Another year on the right side of the grass? What if you have no grass on either side? Then what? Oh well, happy birthday anyways. I am sure that 29 feels the same as it did....29 years ago. LOL.... Just kidding pal.