• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Krill 35% extra 330sc

3dbandit

100cc
Hello all, I started assembly of my krill extra and I could not find much on it anywhere.

Specifically, I could not get a definitive answer as to which way the servos are installed in the wings; Spline forward or aft?

Also, where is a good starting point for the CG?

I would appreciate any info you may have that could be posted in this thread.

I will post what I can find here in this thread, along with flight videos.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Wow, stepping up a notch. Krill- $$$$$. Supposed to be really nice.

gyro

GSN Contributor

Jacob is still in search of a large airframe that can stand up to his flying style & abilities! The poor Krill doesn't know what it's in for...

3dbandit

100cc

They are verrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice. I will upload some pics soon.

I am very happy with it. One of the things I really like is it has a pre-installed bell crank system for the rudder to take the load off the servo. Also, there are a lot of pre-built trays and bulk heads, in addition to a fuel tank tray that sits on top of the CG.

I like that all the control surfaces are easily removed by pulling a pin; making transport, maintenance, and repairs easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dbandit

100cc
Jacob is still in search of a large airframe that can stand up to his flying style & abilities! The poor Krill doesn't know what it's in for...

LOL,

I am finding that airframes over 50cc cant really handle XA, thats what my 88 edge is for.

This is going to be my freestyle air-frame, It wont be flown tooooo hard. It needs to last.

dth7

LOL,

I am finding that airframes over 50cc cant really handle XA, thats what my 88 edge is for.

This is going to be my freestyle air-frame, It wont be flown tooooo hard. It needs to last.

We found that out when I flew Enterprises 110" Yak. I pushed a KE wall from KE not super fast and "pop". Fortunately didn't lose the wing but popped 3-4 ribs. It a lot of abuse for the big airframes. That Krill will be a super IMAC and Freestyle plane. Enjoy.

3dbandit

100cc
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397689575.821003.jpg

Quick pick of the insides. Just finished running all the wires and fuel system.

dth7

Purdy innards man! Does that rudder cam run 2 to 2 or 1 to 2 as pictured?