• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

KCS 62cc Gas Engine.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Yes it does indeed! But you know what?.........I love my EME 60 even though they cost a bit more now but still a bargan.
And the guys who have DLE's seem to be enjoying them just as well. The KCS may be a bit more powerful but the other motors are going to win over because performance and price point fit the typical 3D wanna be such as myself. I really don't see them selling well if priced at 500 or better. The "would be" buyer IMO would opt for DA or other bench mark manufacturer. I would like to try one myself none the less. Will see what it sells for once it hits the US market.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
I love my eme 60 and would buy another. This motor is powerful but they need to address some issues with it. I would definitely not pull the trigger to buy one yet.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Has anyone seen these motors listed for sale anywhere yet or are they still holding back?[/QUOTE said:
Not in the US yet. Probably be available through Chinawholesale.com first and then in Europe. I've been watching out;). Guess the question to ask is "Any one offered or looking for distributorship with KCS?"

Jeffee

30cc
The KCS 62 is selling on Amazon and EBay, but at high prices. I have flown mine for just over a year now, and would buy another if I had an airframe that called for it. I am flying it on my 1/3 scale Balsa USA DRI. A Xoar 28 x 6 prop spins at 6000 rpm, but I never fly at more than 1/2 throttle. I can't wait until KCS comes out with their 120 twin.

Groovedingo

New to GSN!
Well we got it in the air!!! First flight my video girl was not there yet so I took one flight to trim the plane (required zero clicks of trim
209.gif
) so I did a little IMAC style flying and a few other things up high to test the tuning in the air. It was extremely rich once in the air so I landed, tuned, flew landed tuned again and we got a vid of the second flight.

I got three more flights (3.5 total) and the engine got more rich with each flight which tells me it's settling in nicely. I'll tune it more next time out.

Thoughts:

I am impressed with the engine performance over-all. So far power seems on-par with most other 60cc singles including the DA60. The Falcon 24x8 seems to be the best choice for the engine for the in-air break in period. From my past experience I'm guessing with a couple of gallons the 24x8W or 24x9 may be the sweet spot for this engine once well broken in. The 25x8W that the DA70 swings did not fair well with my ground testing and I would NOT fly it as of now.

Muffler is well built and seems to be rather quiet for a single cylinder engine, actually sounds quite nice in the air an is not loud at all.

The carburetor is extremely sensitive to adjustment and very very minor adjustments should be made. I had 60 minutes of ground run time due to the extremely low temps we had outside. At that time it was tuned perfectly but today I had to lean it on both needles and it got more rich throughout the flights I had.

Timing an ignition seems to be spot on from the factory. They provided a genuine CM-6 plug with the engine which I gapped with an exacto blade as per normal.

Hi Terry. Me and a mate bought one of these engines and are utterly dissappointed with them given the big wrap we received when looking to buy.

Both were run in as per instructions with correct syn oil mix. My friend maidened his Hanger9 Mustang with the Kcs and after only 3 minutes in the air the engine seized !
Engine sent back to place of purchase and returned 1 week later. Head bolts loose, ring not installed etc etc.
He demanded a new engine but not Kcs. They replaced it with Dle61 and hasnt missed a beat.

Flew my Mustang today. Already had 5 flights up on the plane. After 3 minures into next flight same thing happened....Kcs engine seized. Retailer un contactable. Apparently overseas on "business" since January.

Anyone know factory address and email fir this factory in China
Cheers

Jeffee

30cc
fjm@kcsengine.com
I use this address (e-mail) to talk with the KCS folks. I hope it gets you some help. I have flown my 1/3 scale Triplane a few times this year and I have one of the first 5. So far it has been a great motor. This is the start of my 2nd full flying season with this motor. Yours were both in a Mustang? Any chances of it being an over heating problem? Not enough airflow? Just a thought off the top of my head.