• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

KCS 62cc Gas Engine.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Yes! Much much better.......Any serial numbers to compare to get an idea of how many engines that might have been made so far?

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
when you get boted of the airframe and engine i know a potential buyer... ME!!!

beautiful airplane by the way. i see you have joined the DARK SIDE

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Well we got it in the air!!! First flight my video girl was not there yet so I took one flight to trim the plane (required zero clicks of trimhttp://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/images/smilies/209.gif) so I did a little IMAC style flying and a few other things up high to test the tuning in the air. It was extremely rich once in the air so I landed, tuned, flew landed tuned again and we got a vid of the second flight.

I got three more flights (3.5 total) and the engine got more rich with each flight which tells me it's settling in nicely. I'll tune it more next time out.

Thoughts:

I am impressed with the engine performance over-all. So far power seems on-par with most other 60cc singles including the DA60. The Falcon 24x8 seems to be the best choice for the engine for the in-air break in period. From my past experience I'm guessing with a couple of gallons the 24x8W or 24x9 may be the sweet spot for this engine once well broken in. The 25x8W that the DA70 swings did not fair well with my ground testing and I would NOT fly it as of now.

Muffler is well built and seems to be rather quiet for a single cylinder engine, actually sounds quite nice in the air an is not loud at all.

The carburetor is extremely sensitive to adjustment and very very minor adjustments should be made. I had 60 minutes of ground run time due to the extremely low temps we had outside. At that time it was tuned perfectly but today I had to lean it on both needles and it got more rich throughout the flights I had.

Timing an ignition seems to be spot on from the factory. They provided a genuine CM-6 plug with the engine which I gapped with an exacto blade as per normal.