• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC/ Radiowave 3.1m competition series

Nice work guys!

I may have to do a JTEC 3.1 Extra for my next build.

With the fear of starting a brand war, has anyone compared it to a Dalton 300 MEL, Dalton Yak 54, or Carden 124 PRO?

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Ive flown most of the top aerobatic planes, not owned, just flown, and I think the major factor, for me anyways, is the fact that I built it so thees much more of bond, to the plane, so in my opinion , theres nothing that compares to how my 3.1m EXTRA flies, I think its perfect , predictible and extremely precise in all aspects, especially in the scale looks department. id love to do one with a 200, its not needed, mine does EVERYTHING with a 150L on pipes, just would like more power, but who doesnt?

IMAC FANATIC

As far as comparison... ive beaten all the airframes youve mentoned in competition for at least one round, Dave seems to always beat me out by a few points with a Pro and 200 but hes been my mentor, tutor and friend from the beginning, but one day LoL

IMAC FANATIC

Ive only attempted a 90° roller myself and it seemed manageable, watching Matthew do it it looks incredibly easy, hes beating those airframes consistently with his, 170 and re3, in advanced ,taking second to Santiago, who won Sportsman at the worlds, so its very competitive.

No worries. I have read that some of the other competitive airframes fly so straight that they can be work to do a rolling circle with and I was just curious how the JTEC performed.

IMAC FANATIC

Ive heard that also, seems some are sooo stretched and flattned that those kind of figures are alot of work. oirs has a good balance between scale and precision and at near half the price of some kits and buildable by dang near anyone, cant go wrong.
Between mine, matts, Al and Jerrys, Terrys and others. . JTEC is showing up and winning! Hope you build one, if ya do , lemme know so I can watch too

Last edited:

oh58skid

50cc
Nice work Terry, never a hijack for news like that! Your a lucky man gor having a partner that shares and helps, thats awesome. Post anything you like anytime here my friend. And congratulations on that win!
Thanks Brian......I consider myself very lucky to have a partner who enjoys this hobby just as much as I do. Now I will have only 10 days after I get back from work to get the second 3.1 ready to fly before the Nats.